5 Lb Propane mount for trailer?

XJINTX

Dang, the vendors sure are proud of their propane mounts. I want to mount my 5 Gal propane bottle on outside of my new to me trailer. I've searched and all are pretty expensive. I guess because of safety issue? What are you using? I'm not cheap but some cost twice as much as a new filled bottle :(

XJINTX said:
Dang, the vendors sure are proud of their propane mounts. I want to mount my 5 Gal propane bottle on outside of my new to me trailer. I've searched and all are pretty expensive. I guess because of safety issue? What are you using? I'm not cheap but some cost twice as much as a new filled bottle :(
For about $25 you can use a set of Quik-Fist XL straps for a DIY project. The video in the link shows an 11 lb. propane tank installed on a trailer.

I haven't used Quick Fist clamps for securing a propane bottle but have used them for a Hi-Lift jack. They are heavy duty and work well. You'd probably need the XL model for your tank. You're right, most brackets are wildly expensive compared to the cost of a tank. I mounted a couple of 11 lb. tanks on the outside of my camper with PowerTank brackets. They worked well for me, but they are pricey. Here's an example of a PowerTank for a 5lb. Manchester tank like you have..
:
Propane Tank Bracket for 5 lb LP Bottle 8 in Diameter

Rich

XJINTX said:
Quick fists it is :) Luckily mine is inside a cage on tongue of trailer. THANKS!!!
Nice. let us know how it works out when it's installed, and post a photo if you get a chance. Rich

Back
Top Bottom