'77 roof re-skin

I'll get some, I took tons, but they were on my old phone and now I can't find them on my laptop, I hate itunes!

Ripperj I figured out a way to fix the gap at the front. I'm going to slide some plywood in to take up the gap then cut a two inch strip from a spare piece I have to follow the curve of the front. I'll put sealer on the back side of the strip then staple it to the plywood. Then trim goes on. The two inch piece should over lap by an inch and half to be safe you will see the over lap but I think this is the best way

I was going to do that too, but then the roof would only be in contact with the frame at the front(assuming you are talking about a narrow strip of ply) the way I did it will last forever(i hope), but I was ready to burn the whole thing when I realized what had happened (the taper of the roof)

Ripperj:

Thanks for posting the link to your EP re-build thread, which I just read in its entirety. Very impressive approach and execution to your project, very inspirational to us circular saw and claw hammer guys. I love the clean and top quality look of all your work. Keep it up!

Thanks! Just finishing up a stint of long work days, hoping to have a few marathon camper weekends to get this thing water tight.

Ripperj

I also just read the EP thread....I'm still jaw dropped

Very nice work....period, end of report.

I'm still jaw dropped....and somewhat shocked

Back
Top Bottom