#84 bobcat on new ride

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
I found a 02 tundra limited access cab 4wd TRD in Sacramento called to get more info and wife liked what she saw .So next step,Friday noon get Ford ranger w/camper ready to go to Sacramento.Next called Marty at ATC to see if he would have time Friday to switch camper to new truck.His instant reply,"come by we will take care of it" I told him I would be there about 4:30 as it's a three hour drive from home.Next called the dealer to let him know I was taking the camper off before we came to trade in the ford.By 7 or so the paper work was finished and a call to Marty's cell and we will meet him at the shop.The crew came and spent about 2 1/2 hours to make the switch.All was finished about 10:30 and we were on our way to spend the night at our place in Dorrington.What a day.All worked so well.A big thank you to Marty and crew at ATC.They are so into service it blows me away.

The bobcat looks so good on the Trunda,we are very pleased
It's to early to really tell about gas mileage but it seems like 16 mpg may work out.

I'll post some pictures of the new ride.I need to take some good ones.

We are so pleased with the Tundra it rids so nice and it's hard to know the camper is on it.

Frank

Attachments

• DSCN0172.jpg
    DSCN0172.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 286
  • DSCN0175.jpg
    DSCN0175.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 297
  • DSCN0179.jpg
    DSCN0179.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 318
  • DSCN0180.jpg
    DSCN0180.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 283
<snip>
All worked so well.A big thank you to Marty and crew at ATC.They are so into service it blows me away.

<snip>

:D many keep saying what great guys they are. It's true.

You are going to love your 1st generation Tundra, just the right size truck not to small not to big. I did take out my rear seat for extra storage on a trip and have not put it back. A lot more room for storage.

Bill in Stockton.

The pirates say"bring on the snow,Frank has a 4WD".I am so pleased with how the bobcat fits on the tundra and all the room inside. My wife's eyes are checking out the room to bring things.

Marty added a spacer on each side in the rear of the camper to make it look cleaner and as a block to prevent camper shift.Boy that guy knows what he is doing.It's amazing to watch that crew at work and the knowledge they have about their campers. After the camper was settled on the truck Don took some measurements and the truck sits level.

I was able to still add my "tubes" under the camper overhang,now they are hidden from view and aren't seen in the mirrors.

Marty had to move the drain valve and relocate to the rear in the corner next to the heater area,looks good there.

Again a BIG THANK YOU to Marty and the crew at ATC for the service it means so much to have a company that takes care of it's customers.

Frank

Attachments

• DSCN0015.jpg
    DSCN0015.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCN0181.jpg
    DSCN0181.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 241
  • DSCN0182.jpg
    DSCN0182.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 244
  • DSCN0183.jpg
    DSCN0183.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCN0184.jpg
    DSCN0184.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 254
  • DSCN0185.jpg
    DSCN0185.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 267
  • DSCN0186.jpg
    DSCN0186.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 228
Awesome...glad to see it all worked out for you. It looks as if we have sold our Landcruiser, and there is a Bobcat for sale locally. Perhaps the stars have aligned.

Awesome...glad to see it all worked out for you. It looks as if we have sold our Landcruiser, and there is a Bobcat for sale locally. Perhaps the stars have aligned.

That would be good.The bobcat has nice standard features.What truck are you placing it on?

Frank

If I remember correctly that Bobcat has been listed for some time, give it a good look over to make sure it is all in okay shape. If nothing else you can talk them down on price.

Or maybe the stars are giving you a perfect rig. Good luck and keep us posted.

Frank-We are looking to buy an 07+ Tundra with the 5.7 liter motor.

I haven't bought my truck yet, but I can buy the camper before the truck, right?

Frank-We are looking to buy an 07+ Tundra with the 5.7 liter motor.

I haven't bought my truck yet, but I can buy the camper before the truck, right?

Check with Marty @ ATC to make sure the bobcat will fit that year without too many mods.It's mainly the depth of the bed that you need to look at.good luck.

Frank

Nice!

If I had not built a monster 2nd gen Tacoma, this is what I would go for, they are just a tad larger than my rig and the motor is decent. The 5.7 L in the new Tundy's are perfect in stock form for the campers we fly, but the truck is just tooooo damn big for a lot of the trails I like to run.

Last week, my wife and I had a great time pulling the blower off my truck and re-building it, she loves to wrench. We also had a larger capacity fuel pump put in for those long hill climbs under boost, runs killer now...

Having a sweet 55 pound Aluminess bumper made, should be done a couple weeks...

Then we are on the road until Thanksgiving, Woot!!!

Have fun in the "Cat"!

Here are the new mods I made to the storage area.With a lot more room in the Tundra AC it gives me down the road options for a12v fridge.We use those plastic storage drawers for clothes,it works out great.On the Denali trip in the Ranger we had nice room,but now we have extra room for fly rod tube,jackets,shoes,ect.I was even able to carry the 1 1/2 ton floor jack in the right side floor storage compartment.Everything is going together nicely.Really glad we now have the Tundra,it makes organizing the truck better.Now we don't have to move things around to get to other things.

Frank

Attachments

• DSCN0188.jpg
    DSCN0188.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCN0189.jpg
    DSCN0189.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN0190.jpg
    DSCN0190.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 148

Back