A Little Fall Color and Carnage From Wyoming

steelhead

A very brief report from a recent trip to the southern end of the Wind River Range in Wyoming can be found here.

This is a follow up report to the same area earlier this year that can be found here,

Cheers and safe travels everyone!

Ah, The Winds, our favorite mountain range. Keep working on the knee, best wishes on your son's career, and a trip into the Cirque will be worth the wait. Thanks for the trip post! :)

We are looking forward to visiting these wonderful places in the fall!

Ski - I don't know if this was a normal year in the Winds but, based on my experience, the fall is the best time to go there. I am already looking forward to your trip report. :)

ski3pin said:
We are looking forward to visiting these wonderful places in the fall!

steelhead said:
Ski - I don't know if this was a normal year in the Winds but, based on my experience, the fall is the best time to go there. I am already looking forward to your trip report. :)
A little clarification, it will not be next fall but "in the fall" at sometime after the Lady's upcoming retirement.

It was so much fun seeing your images and reading your story, steelhead.

Great trip report, beautiful country!

Good luck with the knee. It's no fun to have one that won't let you do the things you want to do.

Very nice report.You ran into some nice color.
In some of our walks around the trails in Yellowstone ,we have come across "bone" parts. Usually old and not an issue with a fresher kill to have bears,wolves around.
Thanks for the photos.
Frank

Thanks for the report! We drove by the exit for The Big Sandy Opening this afternoon and had no Idea what we were missing. Another to add to the list.
Cheers

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Captm - where were/are you headed to go past the turn off for the Big Sandy Opening?

Very nice TR Steelhead. I lived in Wyoming briefly (got my first driver's license there) and there is something about that state that draws me in every time.

Back
Top Bottom