A little help?

landersfork

I was wondering if anyone has the dimensions for the fold down boards for an '82 Grandby? My front boards have totally disintegrated and I can't get the dimension from them:mad: and while I'm at it I may as well replace the rear ones too! I am planning on using the 1/4 inch material that someone else on the site used a while back - I just need the length/height of each.
Thanks!!

I could also use measurements

If you are able to get any measurements could you post them? I have an 88 and would like to replace my one front also. Thanks Roy

The work is in progress - given me and my helpers schedule it'll probably be two weeks+
We took measurements last nite but I don't want to post anything until the job is done and installed (in case we got it wrong :eek:)
But if we got it right, I'll post 'em up.

dave

The height of the lower panel is 12 3/8 and the upper should be 21 3/4 the width will vary depending on the model however that is the easy one to measure and the older keystones were built in this manner then one inch was cut off of both the top and bottom. 1/4 inch wood may give you fits. Please let me know how it works for you. Have a nice night. Marty

Well the job is done (front and back)!! We fabricated the boards from 5.2mm cedar ply. It really wasn't that bad, mostly just awkward. The hardest part is flexing down the upper hinge and getting it riveted into place. We had to *tweak* the sizing just a little due to fabric issues, but the sizes given by marty (above) are pretty spot on. I'll get some measurements and photos of the completed job posted shortly. But for now I'm goin' camin' in the Tobacco Root's!!

Dave

that's campin'!!

Back
Top Bottom