Adding new standard features and adjusting option prices - Stan ?

Ace!

Gone Traveling
I see some options are going to be standard, well, I don't see what options :) Can anyone give some insight on what is now (as of December) going to be standard and what changes there might be in option pricing? Thanks.

Once upon a time the extended top and screen door were options. Below are the current options for a standard Hawk. I have *bolded my guesses options that could become standard equipment. I do not think all will move to standard. What are your guess for items that will become standard.

Mechanical Camper Jacks w/ Brackets (4 corner) – $ 695.00

*Jack Brackets Only (steel brackets) – $ 215.00

Jack Brackets Only (aluminum) – $ 315.00

Upgrade to Aluminum Jack Brackets (when already ordering jacks) – $ 100.00

3-Way Refrigerator Only 1.9 cu.ft. (AC/DC/Propane) – $ 795.00

3-Way Refrigerator / Freezer 3.0 cu.ft (AC/DC/Propane) – $ 1095.00

Dometic Compressor 65 Liter Refrigerator/Freezer (AC/DC) – $ 990.00

Dometic Compressor 80 Liter Refrigerator/Freezer (AC/DC) – $ 1190.00

Dometic Compressor 110 Liter Refrigerator/Freezer (AC/DC) – $ 1390.00

*Forced Air Furnace w/ Thermostat – $ 595.00

Flush Mount Glass Top Appliances (sink & stove) – $ 600.00

DSI Hot Water / Outside Shower Package – $ 780.00

Side Dinette Seating w/ Swivel Table – $ 500.00

Front Dinette Seating w/ Swivel Table – $ 1200.00

Front Dinette w/ Swivel Table & Cassette Toilet Only (NO Inside Shower) – $ 2000.00

Front Dinette w/ Swivel Table and Hot Water, Inside & Outside Shower Only (NO Cassette Toilet) – $ 2600.00

Front Dinette Self-Contained (Inside Cassette Toilet, Inside & Outside Hot Water Showers) – $ 3200.00

Power Roof Vent Fan (Fan-Tastic Vent Fan) – $ 295.00

*Extra Roof Vent – $ 195.00

Front Opening Window – $ 195.00

8’ Side Awning w/ Side Awning Light – $ 795.00

Rear Awning – $ 425.00

Aluminum Roof Rack – $ 295.00

Yakima Roof Rack System (Complete w/ tracks, towers, cross bars, & locks) – $ 695.00

Yakima “Tracks Only” Installed on Roof – $ 340.00

*Rear Wall Steps (better access to the roof) – $ 195.00

160 Watt Solar Panel w/ Charge Controller (Roof Mounted) – $ 995.00

80 Watt Solar Panel w/ Charge Controller (Portable) – $ 795.00

Dual Solar Panel Package (160W on Roof & 80W Portable) – $ 1495.00

Rear Flood Lights (LED) – $ 395.00

LED Exterior Lighting Package – $ 250.00

Thermal Pack (good for both hot & cold weather) – $ 475.00

*Camper Battery System — 1st Battery (wiring, separator, battery) – $ 395.00

2nd Deep Cycle Battery (dual battery setup) – $ 225.00

Porta Potti – $ 99.00

*Exterior Gas Strut Roof Lift Assists – $ 325.00

Silver Spur Complete Package – “Both Interior & Exterior” – $ 900.00

Silver Spur Option – “Interior Only” – $ 500.00

Silver Spur Option – “Exterior Only” – $ 500.00

Smooth Fiberglass Exterior Siding (instead of aluminum) – $ 650.00

Plastic Rubbermaid Portable Entry Step – $ 40.00

Ready To Go Anywhere Starter Package – $ 195.00

Basic Camper Installation w/ Tie Downs & Wiring – $ 395.00

+1 on the jack brackets
How in the world would you ever move the camper off the truck without that?

+1 on camper battery wiring but my guess is that a battery is still an option. You can get for $200 just the battery wiring but no batteries from the factory.

+1 on lift assists too.
I can't imagine a camper without them.

Also compressor fridges for everyone.

Ok maybe not that last one.

I would love to see some new options as we've discussed in our previous posts.

I wish they would add the option of extended bed over the cab. Most of the trucks are crew cabs or extended cabs. Pushing the bed out over the cab another few feet would give me a much larger feel in the camper. I know their must be reasons why they haven't but sure would be nice if they could figure it out.

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Seen on Dealer websites over the last few days:

"Base Model Prices to go up approx. $2,000. More features will now be included such as jack brackets, basic 3-way fridge, and aux battery system after the December 1st price increase."

and

"Price increase slated for November 30th, base price will increase by $2000, with a few more options standard, call us for the details"

Brackets- 215
3-way- 795 (or 1095?) - Granted, they might even have a new model/supplier for a "basic 3-way"
Battery- 395

So 1405-1705 of "options" becoming standard depending on which 3-way they are talking about. Add to that annual adjustments and I'm not sure what other "options" might be included. I'm considering a new Hawk order knowing that if I wait for a used one with all the options I want/need I won't find anything in time to use for the ~4 months I have available next year. (Not so pleased with Uncle Sam these days....but that's another story)

I can't say the price increase is going to push me to order in the next ~30 days. I WOULD like to hear if the options for compressor/2-way fridges will become less expensive relatively speaking; i.e. substituting a $1,390 2-way 110L for the "basic" 3-way would be 1390 - 795 = 595 as new cost for "upgrading" to the 2-way 110... I'm getting brackets, battery, fridge regardless.

And yes, this is my first post. Thank you WTW for this subforum, and thanks to all the contributors - It's been very helpful as I try to educate myself on all things FWC.

I have heard from a FWC dealer this am that the differences are:

standard jack brackets
small 3 way fridge

That would cover just over a thousand of the increase ($1010).

There may also be increase in cost for some options particularly batteries and compressor fridges.

I'm pretty happy that mine is already ordered and built.
Tomorrow is the pick up date.

97grandby said:
I wish they would add the option of extended bed over the cab. Most of the trucks are crew cabs or extended cabs. Pushing the bed out over the cab another few feet would give me a much larger feel in the camper. I know their must be reasons why they haven't but sure would be nice if they could figure it out.

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West
My guess is stability and strength. With a bigger overhang the camper would not balance on the ground without support (not a big deal to me).

Also the camper frame is probably not engineered to support the weight of a longer bed - it would probably never fail, but FWC would not want to take chances.

You would also have a bigger "lever" arm working against the tiedowns.

Outfitter offers the option in their Caribou Lite models. The N-S (king size) sleeping arrangement is great, nobody has to crawl over anyone to get in or out of bed. To support it the cabover section is thicker. Also makes a 5" mattress possible. No problems with stability, I've slept in it off the truck.

.I thought FWC had a "king slide" option (seem to recall getting that info from FWC when I was still in shopping mode) .

I thought so too, that it was like a In-N-Out secret menu option you could ask for.

I just spent my first night in my Grandby with NS sleeping by the king slide option. It was fantastic. I highly recommend that option.

DrJ said:
I just spent my first night in my Grandby with NS sleeping by the king slide option. It was fantastic. I highly recommend that option.
Any pictures of the new camper?

Back
Top Bottom