Air Conditioner?

I just got the MightyKool Model MW1 swamp cooler. This thing works pretty well at home. It is a bit louder than I'd like but I perhaps I can put a hose on the intake and route it outside and that should quiet it down some. Can't wait to use while camping!

So far I've just used it with the fan on and the window open to circulate air through the camper. I've then sat with the Swampy blowing on me. This works well... especially since Alice likes to be warmer than I do... so she can sit out of the Swampy's path.

I would think doing the above and then turning the fan off and strategically opening windows or perhaps using the fan on low w/ the swampy might yield the best results.

Anyone else have any suggestions on how they have best found their swampy to work?

requesting swamp cooler reports

This thread started back in 2007 and continued last year with several folks trying out Swampy and other devices. How are they working out? I'm going to Burning Man this year and need to do something along this line and, like others, I really don't want to add a generator to the mix.

Dust is the big problem at BM. The outside temp is tolerable, but the temp becomes a problem when one wants to close up tight inside the 4WC because of the dust.

The swamp cooler should work well in the dry Nevada desert however, the area it cools should be vented to let the moisture out. How do you do that without letting dust in? Perhaps a window screen, finer than sand yet allows water vapor to pass?

Lake Playa very fine silt is a very small micron size and will find it's way into everything.

Yep, two time burner here and I never got the playa dust out of my old rig before i sold it! Totally worth it though!;)

Yep, two time burner here and I never got the playa dust out of my old rig before i sold it! Totally worth it though!;)

Five times for me, blowing s%$t up is fun, always rent a motorhome with extra insurance. P.S. you should probably tell them you're going to Yellowstone if you go the MH route.

The swamp cooler should work well in the dry Nevada desert however, the area it cools should be vented to let the moisture out. How do you do that without letting dust in? Perhaps a window screen, finer than sand yet allows water vapor to pass?

Maybe vent out one of the access panels so at least the dust doesn't have a direct shot in? I'm not familiar with the stuff...

Back
Top Bottom