Air Conditioning FWC Solution

Raderguy85

HI there,

Was wondering what a good air con solution would be for a FWC? I have an Eagle, so no rear window next to the entry. Has anyone found a simple yet effective solution to keeping the camper more comfy in extreme heat / humid conditions? Any input super appreciated!

cheers

No experience, but searched for days and days..

Seems like a movable room size AC would be the best option.. The ones that look like a dehumidifier, but have the exhaust hose to pump the hot air outside. Someone in the humid midwest said a 5000btu was just barely enough for him in his Hawk.

I've looked for smaller DC ones, and nothing seems like it will actually work.. A few people have tried the small 1500ish BTU 'portable' units, and found they cooled off a few feet in front of the blower, but not the camper.

I was trying to find options I could run for a while off battery and solar, so was limiting my searching to the smallest units possible..
(and I failed in my quest.. even a 2000btu unit would need 6 or 8 solar panels).

One of the things that is (low) on my priority list is to modify a small (5000 BTU), cheap window air conditioner to blow air into the camper. The AC would sit on a receiver carrier outside the back of the camper. This would require shore power, since there isn't enough space on the roof for enough solar to run one.

Back
Top Bottom