alaskan decal

caseboy

i just had these made by my local decal shop. they were 56 bucks for 4 decals. they are 3"x10"(same size as the plastic emblem). i have two emblems that i need to repaint, but i've always wanted something for the truck so i can be alaskan proud without the camper on. i confess that i wanted the same colors as the emblem, but the artwork would have been a 75 dollar one time extra charge. i couldn't justify that to the wife. maybe sometime when she's not looking, i'll go for it. until then, i think these are great. the shop will keep the design on file in case i need a replacement.

wes

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 335
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 293
jrfromafar said:
They look nice,

"maybe sometime when she's not looking"

I have always found out forgiveness works better than permission !!
forgiveness may take a few days...and a dinner out

Those decals are nice Wes...maybe if we consolidate our forces...we could convince Brian to...."subsidize the effort" for a full color....great advertising for Alaskan....not to speak of the "pride of ownership" marketing side....

Don, are you watching?

i had asked brian if they had something years ago, but he didn't have anything. i would much rather get things done through his company. this decal guy was great and local,but i can't justify that much money for a sticker. i had contacted a guy on the internet that specializes in vintage rv decals. his price was about the same, although at my last contact, he offered 45 dollars for the artwork.i had scanned a plastic emblem and sent him pics of what it should look like. he said he thought he could hit it right on. i'd also like to look into a patch for a hat or jacket(like the tractor club i used to be in). i love my few old toys(camper, tractors,wood working machines)and i am proud to be using stuff that was built to last,died, and was reborn.

wes

I'm reposting about the decals - I pulled my first post because I thought that it might have been premature to post about them without actually having any... but I got some now. I took caseboy's idea of having some Alaskan decals made - and here's the finished product next to my repainted emblems:
gallery_5608_781_15038.jpg

I ordered 10 total and he sent me three to start and make sure that they turned out OK, so the other 7 might take few weeks to get. There will be 7 available for $15 each and $2.50 shipping. If someone wants 2, the shipping will still only be $2.50. If there's a need for more than 7 extra, the guy that's making them for me will make some more and you can get them directly from him (same price - $15 is what he quoted me).
If anybody wants one, send me a pm and we can set things up.
They have a plastic cover that peels off after the decal is aligned and applied, so it looks even better once it's stuck on something.
gallery_5608_781_15649.jpg

Bob

I have the rest of the decals now - 9 total available, if anybody wants one, or two, or all nine!
http://

Hey Mike, I sent you a PM about the decals. Thanks for asking.
For anyone else that wants a decal, send me a message through this forum and I'll give you my email address for a paypal payment or my home address if you would prefer to pay by check.

thisoldcamper said:
Hey Mike, I sent you a PM about the decals. Thanks for asking.
For anyone else that wants a decal, send me a message through this forum and I'll give you my email address for a paypal payment or my home address if you would prefer to pay by check.
Very nice decals. Thanks

I was hoping to find the orgional plastic badges, im assuming your talking about just decals? I was thinking about having some 3D printed, ever heard of someone doing this? Loving this forum, lots of solid info

I'm out of decals. The guy who made them for me has them available through his website, so if you want one, check him out here http://customvintagetrailerparts.com/CustomVintageTrailerParts.com/Decals.html#11
He has reproduced a lot of other hard to find parts for old campers and it's all quality stuff.

The decal that I put on my truck window still looks like new after baking in the South Carolina sun for almost two years now.

Back
Top Bottom