Alex Honnold's Van

I love it...simple and functional.

his focus is inspiring, but the whole free solo thing just isn't for me...for example, having climded cathedral peak a few times, i've never thought "i should solo that." as easy as it is, it's just not in my cards. and i love high sierra multi pitch moderates...i just prefer having a rope even though it's highly unlikely that i will ever need it.

shoestring said:
..................................................i just prefer having a rope even though it's highly unlikely that i will ever need it.
"There are old mountaineers and there bold mountaineers but there are no old bold mountaineers." Lou Whittaker

ski3pin said:
"There are old mountaineers and there bold mountaineers but there are no old bold mountaineers." Lou Whittaker
no doubt...it's what i always think about. my main priority is to always being around to climb another peak, ski another line, etc....and living in the sierra, i'm constantly inspired by the old folks that i see getting after it (i mean really old folks...walking slow, biking slow, skiing slow, BUT still doing it!)

Leading trad is plenty of thrill for me, don't need to do the free solo thing. And as long as the mind holds out I hope to be one of those old folks still getting after it someday.

me thinks there is only 1 Alex Honnold
every one else is "just" a climber.
most will agree he is in a league of his own!

back to his van as a van lover/builder/user thank his latest van
update was done by a sponsor (solar set up etc.) very basic,but lacking
of roof vents,air flow,rough sleeping in hot weather,but i admit he is
a lot tougher than me.

les,lqhikers

THX for that video link. I sent it off to Rob @ Van Specialties to see what he thought he could do about adding that rear slide out box under the bed platform they put in for us. That box would be a big help in organizing under that cavernous space!

Cheers,
Thom

Really enjoyed the tour of his van.
He put a lot of thought into it.
I have two friends who have vans like his and they have done very similar work to them.
Did anyone spot the "power supply" goalzero check it out looked pretty interesting for uses like he has.

Thanks for the link.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom