All Veterans and Gold Star families to get lifetime NP passes

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Seems that it's a free year pass not the senior lifetime one.
Good move on NPS to do this.
Frank
According to the article it is a lifetime pass..

”..And the Department of Veterans Affairs announced U.S. military veterans and gold star families will be granted a lifetime of free access to national parks, wildlife refuges and other federal lands managed by the Department of the Interior...”

smlobx said:
According to the article it is a lifetime pass..

”..And the Department of Veterans Affairs announced U.S. military veterans and gold star families will be granted a lifetime of free access to national parks, wildlife refuges and other federal lands managed by the Department of the Interior...”
Wow, that's totally cool.

And "lifetime pass" is my read on it, as well. At least as much as "indefinitely, or until countermanded by other executive orders" goes. Good for the Gummint, and good for veterans.

I checked with the VA today.

President Trump authorized honorably discharged veterans (DD-214) and all "immediate family members" of a warrior killed while on active duty (a Gold Star family) to be issued lifetime passes.

Very good to read, long overdue and well deserved IMO.

I paid for my lifetime, but, all good by me. Maybe I can get a free pass in my next lifetime with my current DD-214.

At Death Valley I showed the ranger a Vetrans ID card and got my lifetime pass. Was super easy. They didn't have the actual passes as the program is new, she said to get back to a park in the near future and they should have the actual passes for us.

Semper Fi

Back
Top Bottom