Amazon

chnlisle

Post Master
As many of you know Amazon.com claims they are always looking for ways to reduce their environmental impact.
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=gw_m_b_corpres?ie=UTF8&node=13786321
Several days ago Pam and I ordered a dozen hiking sticks to give away to our nieces and nephews as gifts. This is what we ordered;
Stick.jpg

This is what we got;
Copy of Cache Creek 2011 038.jpg

I thought I was back in the bicycle business again. One walking stick per box and it wasn't necessary to angle them from corner to corner. The entire order could have been put in one box with room to spare. My UPS guy said he thought he was delivering a dozen empty boxes. It took almost 2 hours to cut the boxes up for recycling,

I think somebody in the Amazon shipping dept is getting kickbacks from the box vendor.

If you bought those boxes from U-Line in 1000 lots they'd be around $2.50 a box. Shipping was 1.19 each. I didn't mention each box was filled with a lot of brown paper. Can you say adios arboles?

You should let me move this to the lounge so Amazon can get some much needed public ridicule. So much for efficiency.

You should email Amazon customer service. They are usually pretty responsive. I'd expect them to use this as teaching method in the distribution center.

DD, go ahead.
Brett, I did contact them and it took longer to get an correct email address than it did to get the 12 boxes via UPS.

Back
Top Bottom