Another Pop Up STOLEN

GroovyDad

I saw on All Terrain Camper's Facebook page that this rig was stolen from the Hayward, CA, area on January 29th or 30th. If anyone sees it rolling around, contact the police and you can also contact the owner (Jeremy Gibbons) via the ATC Facebook page.

Stolen ATC.jpg

This is becoming an epidemic. That's 3 in the last few months. An Alaskan was taken in Seattle (I think) a few months ago..... and of course the Tardis.... a favorite build I followed, and now this one. ARGGH!

Anyone know how they are stolen... hot wired...keys left in them? I assume at home or business not while camping?

I am also interested in how they were stolen. This Ford truck looks new enough to require a computer key. If the key wasn't left in truck, it suggests sophisticated thieves.

jim

GroovyDad, thanks for posting this. We'll keep our eyes open and our condolences to the folks who are dealing with this theft.

Ya know after I read this I went out an checked mine ---just to make sure it was locked up! Thanks for posting this and I sure hope he get's it back.

Smoke

JaSAn said:
I am also interested in how they were stolen. This Ford truck looks new enough to require a computer key. If the key wasn't left in truck, it suggests sophisticated thieves.

jim
Same vintage as mine, or older, no computer key.

UPDATE: Jeremy's truck was recovered about a mile from his house in Hayward, but his camper, an ATC Puma, is still missing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

It's crazy to steal a camper and expect to be able to sell it later. Far too few units get build so "fencing" it would be very risky. I hope these losers come to their senses and leave it somewhere to be found.

What would be worse is some unscrupulous person who did not want to buy his own camper..... We should keep a list of serial numbers available of any campers that were stolen and not found. If a camper goes up for sale and there is no placard it is police time.....

enelson said:
It's crazy to steal a camper and expect to be able to sell it later. Far too few units get build so "fencing" it would be very risky. I hope these losers come to their senses and leave it somewhere to be found.
Canada and the United States are big counties.
In Alberta, Canada, you don't even need to register or insure a truck camper. It would be pretty easy to sell one in another city or province and it would never be seen again.

Bill D said:
Canada and the United States are big counties.
In Alberta, Canada, you don't even need to register or insure a truck camper. It would be pretty easy to sell one in another city or province and it would never be seen again.
That's the same here in Cal. We don't have to register out campers ,so if one is stolen it can be sold with no paper work.
When someone steals something they will sell it at a cheap price so they can get rid of it.
All we can do is protect out property as best as possible.
Frank

image.jpeg

Stolen out of my driveway back in 2004. I had taken it to 10 minute oil change place the week before and I think the made a duplicate of my key. No broken glass.

gvb1940 said:
Stolen out of my driveway back in 2004. I had taken it to 10 minute oil change place the week before and I think the made a duplicate of my key. No broken glass.
Any resolution? Truck or camper ever turn up?

It's time to start putting GPS tracking units on all FWC's and Allterrains, I'd say. Maybe it should come standard from the factory.

Back
Top Bottom