Another Quick Weekend Trip!

Really a bummer about the smoke. I'll be on The Road (395) this week and will be sad with the valley hazy and smoky. Thanks as always for the report.

Great photos as usual, Ski. I can see why this is the Lady's new favorite campsite. BTW, only you two would consider a climb to the top of the ridge before breakfast, starting at 11,000 feet, an "easy morning stroll". :D

Nice report, surprised to see the leaves changing so early. I will be riding over the passes on Sunday without the camper, hope the smoke is not too bad. Looks like Tioga Road may still be closed, so Sonora up and back to Whoa Nelle Deli.

Bill's Birthday Ride.

More good stuff, although the smoke conditions are sobering. That's one heckuva fire. I'm glad it's getting closer to containment. Do you know of a link to a map of the burn intensity? In other words, how much of the acreage burned is high-intensity fire (crowning, etc.) vs. low-intensity?

billharr said:
Nice report, surprised to see the leaves changing so early. I will be riding over the passes on Sunday without the camper, hope the smoke is not too bad. Looks like Tioga Road may still be closed, so Sonora up and back to Whoa Nelle Deli.

Bill's Birthday Ride.
Bill, have a fun and safe ride on your birthday. :)

Been out on the road- just saw this report. Nice photos! I have been hearing about the smoke and fire from my son who has made a couple of trips into Yosemite lately. Now, hopefully we can watch the area recover over the next many years.

Back
Top Bottom