Anybody retro fit their FWC with jack mounts?

marrmanu

I have a 2012 Eagle shell model that I am putting together a dolly system for removing the camper. I not sure how the jack brackets are mounted, are the screwed in or bolted ? Or did the put some reinforcement in side the corner frame tubes?

Thanks for your interest

DSCN6558 1.JPG

Hi Marrmanu, welcome to WTW.

I can’t answer your question, but I’m certain other members have added jack mounts. You might also reach our to Stan Kennedy (FWC) to get official information.

Welcome to the cult.
If you don't have brackets already mounted on your camper
you can use a tripod jack on each side of the camper at the balance point.

When I had my 2009 ATC Bobcat built I didn't have Jack brackets included
as my camper is on the truck all the time.

When I changed trucks in 2011 Marty and crew at ATC used the tripod jacks.

You might call Marty at ATC or Stan at FWC and ask about adding the jack brackets.
They get through bolted I believe so in might not be something you want to do at home.

You can see the jacks in these photos.
Frank

DSCN0175.jpeg

DSCN0179.jpeg

I'd say you need to determine how much you'll take your camper on/off. If it's more than a few times a year, don't mess with tripod jacks. Call FWC or ATC and they'll tell you they aren't the most stable, etc. Even if they use them, they proably only use them when a camper comes in w/o jack brackets. When I had mine retrofitted, I went to ATC and had them install them. I needed 4 jacks too and the cost was substantially lower to have them put the brackets on and pick up the jacks and put them in the camper. Back when I did it, the jack brackets themselves were crazy expensive as were the shipping on jacks. It was more economical for us to have ATC install them. We stopped by ATC while on a trip and had an appt to put the brackets on. Took very little time and we just waited while we walked around the shop, walked the dog, etc.

Thanks all for your input.

I talked to FWC and found out it is a 2” self taping screw. ​I am hoping to post more as a get further along on this build.

Hope to see you out there !

marrmanu said:
Thanks all for your input.

I talked to FWC and found out it is a 2” self taping screw. ​I am hoping to post more as a get further along on this build.

Hope to see you out there !
Is that all that holds the bracket to the camper? Just several screws?
Keep us informed of your retrofit. What do they tap into?
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Is that all that holds the bracket to the camper? Just several screws?
Keep us informed of your retrofit. What do they tap into?
Frank
Frank. Yes. They tap into the corners which are the alum. sub-frame. I think there are 8 per corner (4 on each "corner"; might be more I don't remember). I was kind of surprised too but I've not heard of many issues, etc.

I just searched the frame work of our campers.
Actually looks like it would be easy to mount the jack brackets at home.
The frame at the corners is double tubing and is high enough to accept the 5 screws
for the brackets.
Frank

Mine have a dozen screws each. I've been very careful to never touch them. I'm afraid they'd never tighten up again.. Does look like it should be fairly easy to attach them. Mine look like they have butyl tape behind them.

Back
Top Bottom