Anybody Still using their Trailer?

n0izh

Advanced Member
I went out to Arizona today to check on the property and to bring back some things from my camping trailer. We used to take it out 6 or 7 times a year and go boonie hopping around to some remote and quiet place. We never were much for Rv parks. Then we stumbled into the FWC at a price we couldn't pass up($2000 for a 1998 Granby in pretty decent condition). We've had the camper over a year now and have almost 15000 miles on it. We've been to the ocean, to Baja MX, to the Red Woods, 6 National Parks, and just out in the middle of no-where. As I was sitting in the trailer looking around I realized we haven't taken it out for a trip in over a year. It's a great little trailer with all the trimmings, and will let you be self contained for about 3 weeks. (First thing to run out is water...hot showers are wonderful). It has Solar and a huge bank of batteries(600 amp/hour) so there is always juice for lights and tunes, and Ham radio...but now it just sits there waiting to go somewhere. It's paid for, and we've got room to store it, so there isn't any pressing reason to get rid of it. Hell, I might even convince some of my city friends to come camping and pull it behind the the truck and camper. But I just thought it was kinda sad that it's gone from being so important in maintaining our sanity to something that now just sits in storage. Oh well, enough of that! Next trip: Zion National Park for Christmas! Hope it snows...
John

Attachments

• Copy of P1000844 (Medium).JPG
    Copy of P1000844 (Medium).JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 170
I went from a tent/truck topper to the FWC. My tents sit more now but if I'm camping near the vehicle I don't feel bad for not using them. :p

I just bought a trailer/hybrid toyhauler to expand my options. In theory I will use it when I go somewhere not across the continent where I plan to stay and use my toys a bit. Like in January I am going to Big Bend, 375 miles away, and will take dual sport motorcycles. I could take the bikes in a trailer behind my truck & FWC but it'll be more comfortable to have a base camp that I can disconnect and that has probably 4x the interior space as I will travel with my daughter and 3 or 4 dogs. I'll still live off solar and batteries. It will also be good for doing the same thing in the San Juans in the summer. But for more extended travel I'll use the truck camper. Next week I am going to AZ for maybe 5 or 6 days, FWC and trailer. In the Spring I'm heading to the Midwest, probably just the truck camper.
970001145_EhaNZ-M.jpg

Back
Top Bottom