Anyone have a Swift on a Long Bed Tacoma or similar truck?

4x4tinyhouse

FWC posted on instagram a few days back a picture of a tacoma long bed with a swift. I find this interesting because I've always disliked the look of the camper hanging off the back of the truck. This setup looks a near perfect fit.

Just curious if anyone has this setup and could share some thoughts on why they chose it, photos etc, thanks

Thanks for posting!

My wife just got a Tacoma TRD Offroad crew, long bed.
2017_01_09_14_27_35.jpg

She bought an orange (Toyota calls it Inferno Red) truck the same day her adopted Clemson Tigers beat Alabama! I say adopted, she went to Wake Forest which plays a different kind of football, they more or less scrimmage other ACC teams. :D

Its so funny to watch her tell everyone..."this is MY truck, NOT his!".

Now we have two pickup trucks! We need a Swift like I need 8 holes in my head!

LW, good point, why make it ~3" shorter than the bed? I don't get it unless the Swift was R&D'd for the 2015 and earlier Taco long beds? I wonder if these Tacos are 3 inches shorter then the 2016 and later?

Stalking Light said:
The Swift was designed for short (5') beds, so it's not 3" shorter than the bed it's designed for it's 10" longer. ;)
Thanks, yes I'm aware of that. Although, making a swift just long enough to also fit a long bed perfectly would have been nice, that's all.
The already bulging-out swift/short bed owners probably wouldn't have minded it being a couple inches longer. :D

Anyway, what I'm really getting at is the problem it creates with rear bumpers swings, which wouldn't be a problem if my tacoma was a 2nd gen (aluminess). As far as I know, there isn't a company making anything like that so I'd have to gamble on custom or find another solution.

Nice Taco, Advmoto, I'll be getting the same one, albeit with a slightly more blend-in-to-the-background color scheme. Although the camper on the back I'm sure will force extroversion. lol

LookingWest said:
Thanks, yes I'm aware of that. Although, making a swift just long enough to also fit a long bed perfectly would have been nice, that's all.
The already bulging-out swift/short bed owners probably wouldn't have minded it being a couple inches longer. :D

Anyway, what I'm really getting at is the problem it creates with rear bumpers swings, which wouldn't be a problem if my tacoma was a 2nd gen (aluminess). As far as I know, there isn't a company making anything like that so I'd have to gamble on custom or find another solution.
I have an Aluminess on my 2015 Taco/Eagle. Is it that they don't make a bumper extension for your truck or that the bumper itself wouldn't fit even with an extension?

LookingWest said:
Nice Taco, Advmoto, I'll be getting the same one, albeit with a slightly more blend-in-to-the-background color scheme. Although the camper on the back I'm sure will force extroversion. lol
I would have opted for Quicksand, but, the color was her choice.

Stalking Light said:
I have an Aluminess on my 2015 Taco/Eagle. Is it that they don't make a bumper extension for your truck or that the bumper itself wouldn't fit even with an extension?
I'll email them with that question, thanks. As far as I know Aluminess has nothing for a 2016+ tacoma.

Their response:

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your interest in Aluminess Products. At this time we do not produce anything for the 2016+ Tacoma models. Unfortunately we are incredibly busy with production on our standard product line so we are not taking on any new projects at this time. However, we are always evaluating interest and new markets. If it is OK with you, we will keep your contact information and get in touch if we do end up making any products for your vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom