Anyone here familliar with Mitchell campers?

roverjohn

I see them once in a while looking in the Denver area for pop ups. It seems they were built there. What I'm wondering after seeing some pictures is how were they made? People seem to report surprisingly low weights and the ones I've seen pictures of seem very straight and sound and relatively free of leaks which doesn't seem possible with 30-40yo campers. I sort of like the looks of the 'Fishing Shack' model and think it would work for me until I get time for my scratch build.
Thanks in advance for your time.
RJ

I've only ever seen them on the internet, but I really like the Fishing Hut too. They also made a small travel trailer with slide-outs that was pretty unique.
tumblr_lo0gh9Z7Gc1qcw9y0o1_540.jpg

Here is a link that I found that might be useful to you: http://mitchellandsonscampers.webstarts.com/index.html

Now that is a COOL camper. Great basic design with heaviest items forward. Wondering about the “stand up” height. The center section of the roof looks fixed and adds some headroom but perhaps not enough to stand. Reminds me a bit of Steinbeck’s camper.

Back
Top Bottom