Arc Dome Wilderness Nevada - July 2017

Arc Dome has been on my list for awhile now, and now it's bumped up to the top thanks to your great blog post. Hope you don't mind if we borrow one of those CC campsites for a couple days in the near future.
Rico

That is a place I have been wanting to explore for a long time. Thanks for the great trip report.

Great trip report! What time of year was this? What were the temperatures like? Is there a guidebook/trail map? I need to branch out beyond Utah, and this looks sublime.

Thanks for the TR - very inspirational!! Arc Dome is high on my list for this year!!

Wow finding that wreck was a feat! So sad to know that men died there and families grieved but a cool part of history to find.

I like the Ted motivation. That may work on me if you dangle some jack from there :)

Thanks for both terrific reports!

Beautiful country and an interesting trip. I like your approach of having a goal to discover on your hikes. Kudos to the Lady for a masterful motivational technique. Thanks for the report. :)

RicoV said:
Arc Dome has been on my list for awhile now, and now it's bumped up to the top thanks to your great blog post. Hope you don't mind if we borrow one of those CC campsites for a couple days in the near future.
Rico

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks Ski.Looks like the Ski's and the Teds had a great time.
Really like all the new birds.
Frank

allanb said:
Thanks for the nice report Ski. Always like your stories and pics. Nice to be back in the hi desert for a few moments!

Wandering Sagebrush said:
What a beautiful area! Thanks for letting us tag along!
Thank you all for the kind comments on our trip story, it is much appreciated! :)

The terrain, ecosystems, history, and critters are wonderful to discover and explore out there.

Dudhghlas Stigeweard said:
Been to the top of Arc Dome three times last about 2002. Thanks for all the great photos!
Stew, Arc Dome is a classic looking peak and we so enjoy that last 1000 feet of vertical to the summit!

Our last time up -

Back to Nevada - Labor Day Weekend 2011

Taku said:
That is a place I have been wanting to explore for a long time. Thanks for the great trip report.
Thanks Taku! Get on out there! :)

Vic Harder said:
Great trip report! What time of year was this? What were the temperatures like? Is there a guidebook/trail map? I need to branch out beyond Utah, and this looks sublime.
- July 2017
Temperatures at the campground were low 80's for a high with low 40's for the overnight low. There is no guidebook that I know of, but I really haven't looked. Look at the link for the Wilderness I supplied in our story, possibly something there. Thanks for the kind comment! :)

Ronin said:
Thanks for the TR - very inspirational!! Arc Dome is high on my list for this year!!
The tops of the next two ranges to the east are also designated Wilderness, each with their own character.

Happyjax said:
Wow finding that wreck was a feat! So sad to know that men died there and families grieved but a cool part of history to find.

I like the Ted motivation. That may work on me if you dangle some jack from there :)

Thanks for both terrific reports!

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Thank you Mr & Mrs 3Pin. A great TR, and nice remembrance of the airman who lost their lives on that mountain top.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Great that you were able to find some of the plane crash remains.The Gov must have removed the main parts,correct.
Great trip ride along.
Thanks.
Frank
I have visited, studied accident reports, and found so many old newspaper articles on these historic military aircraft wrecksites that it is impossible not to treat these with the utmost reverence for the lives lost and the families so deeply affected. It's also important to remember these are archeological sites too, and as such, nothing should be disturbed or taken.

takesiteasy said:
Beautiful country and an interesting trip. I like your approach of having a goal to discover on your hikes. Kudos to the Lady for a masterful motivational technique. Thanks for the report. :)
The Lady is a master at motivational skills. :)

Tuff Guy 62 said:
Great report Ski, thanks for sharing. Nice find on that old B-24 crash site.

I have to ask, what brand of hiking boots do you wear?
Thanks Mr. Tuff!

pretty blue boots

Lowa Cevedale Pro Boots

These are the most comfortable and best mountain boots I've owned. The soles will be useless after this summer's use. I'll buy another pair immediately if I see a sale. I got the blue because I could not stand the awful lime green version. I see they now make a standard brown.

Back
Top Bottom