Arctic Fox Truck Campers

Hi Mike. Welcome to the forum. I don't know much about AF campers and would be interested in seeing some photos and hearing reviews of yours and others. Not sure if there are some owners lurking out there but if so I hope they reply.

Thanks Ted for the welcome.
I picked it up yesterday. I drove from LA to just outside San Fran Tue and picked it up on Wen and drove it home. Scared the hell put of me. Had to make a uturn leaving the neighborhood that twisteted down and twisted around. The road bank was steep and I was sure it would tip righ over. It weighs 2900 dry.
I like the camper, 2005 Arctic Fox 860 Silver Edition. When I got it home I noticed the bottom of the cab over was lose and a little saggy.
I fear it had water damage and am now trying to figure out what to do about it. Anyone on the site have any experience with this issue?
There was no smell of mold or rote.

I tried to post some pictures but was unable. The button for files was not active. Any suggestions on fretting it active? Thanks

Unfortunately water damage and rot is very common on those big wood framed campers.
Not just AF either, Lance seems to be especially well represented.

Go here for a lifetime of reading on the horror stories and repairs:
RV.net truck campers

I hope yours is just a minor issue.

I'm lucky it's not wood. It's aluminum framed but it's still 3k dry and tall. Thanks for the comments.
The camper is in the shop for an estimate. Probably have to peal back the skin, clean out any nastiness, and then reseal with new skin.
Factory would do it for between 1500 and 2000 depending on how much nastiness is found. Locally will probably be 50% more.

Not sure about the campers, but I am sure they are like the trailer, NICE. The trailers, you can get the winter package, which would be a great option to have.

Hope the repair $ is in range, if not take it back. Ya I know, buyer be ware.

Good luck

I tried to post some pictures but was unable. The button for files was not active. Any suggestions on fretting it active? Thanks

I took another stab at picture posting instructions here.

I tried again but the "file" button is not bright so it's not active for me. I emailed admin so maybe I'll get permission to post photos.
Also, how can I start an Artctic Fox camper sub forum thread like the other campers have that stay at the top?

When you hit the admin email button you get a reply saying its a bad email address and it gets bounced.

Peeled back the skin and it was filled with black suff, mold, and water. So I'm taking it back to the seller who's agreed to take it back.

Peeled back the skin and it was filled with black suff, mold, and water. Somim taking it back to the seller who's agreed to take it back.

That was quick!!

Very good,sorry you had to go thru that. For full size campers such as AF and Lance go to RV.net,best site on the web for info on full size RV's

Just got back from a 14 hour drive returning the camper. What's the best way to let other people know what a bad RV dealer Cordelia RV Center in Fairfiled CA is? They inspected the camper for me and gave it the "all good" for a $110 fee. After discovering the delamination and black mold I had to return it and they are not taking responsibility for their faulty inspection. I asked that they pay for the gas and the 2nd inspection. They refused saying they did a good job on the inspection and it's my fault. They are right in one respect, it was my fault for trusting them. Any ideas on how to get the word out would be qppreciaed. Thanks.

If you really want to stir things up...

Try contacting any TV stations in the area of that RV dealership and seeing if they have any reporters that broadcast dispute resolutions.
Just because you don't live there, doesn't mean they wouldn't be interested in your story.
I'll bet that a lot of "cases" get resolved without broadcasting.

RV sales spike up in the Spring, if they have any brains at all, that dealership will not want any negative publicity.

To get the idea of what I'm saying here's the web link to my local TV station "3 On your Side".

Lastly, if you have a contract violation, there is always small claims court.
Most of those judges just love to see a contract violation, the case is usually over in a few minutes.
However, that could be difficult with you living so far away.

This is a peek inside from the local guy who inspected it for me after I got it home. Delamination and black mold througout the front cab area.

Attachments

• Peeking inside the mess.JPG
    Peeking inside the mess.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 247
  • delamination and black mold.JPG
    delamination and black mold.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 238
This is some pictures of the Seal Job they did on my roof. Rather than taking the old sealant off and applying new sealant, they simply put the new stuff over the old stuff and called it a day. With workmanship like that, people need to know. These guys do crappy work and don't care about their customers
They charged me a couple hundred for this quality work.
They knew I was coming from LA and depending on them to give me advice on what needed to be done. The inspection I paid for called for sealing the roof and the lights. I paid by phone since I had not seen the camper and was depending on them to let me know what needed to be done. They wanted to sell me some batteries and other items I took a pass on thinking I'd get it done locally.

Attachments

• Seal job 2.JPG
    Seal job 2.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Seal job.JPG
    Seal job.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 190
Back
Top Bottom