Arctic Pack on fulltime....

mangymarmot

Howdy Folks,

I'm the proud new owner of a 2007 ATC Panther.

Question for those of you that have an Arctic pack installed. Do you remove the insulation layer everytime you lower the top? It doesn't appear to be enough clearance around the front and back panels with the sides folded in. I winter camp and would like to make/buy the Artic Pack but don't want the hassle of removal everytime I lower the top.

Thanks

Congrats on your new camper! We've built our own arctic/cold weather pack twice - two campers - and it is installed and left in place year round. It also helps with warm summer temps, especially when one side is getting full on sun. It is also just a nicer feel to the hand and body than the sideliner material. If you've just installed the pack, you may need to loosen the roof clamps a bit, but it will fit nicely and most folks I know leave it in year round.

Arctic Pack Build

Congratulations. My thermal pack stays on full time. I only remove it when cleaning and treating the inside of the soft sides. Enjoy your new camper.

JHa6av8r said:
Congratulations. My thermal pack stays on full time. I only remove it when cleaning and treating the inside of the soft sides. Enjoy your new camper.
Ditto on leaving the thermal pack on year-round, and ditto on the congrats!

Yep, have never had mine off.
Don't know what is behind there....probably couldn't figure out how to get it back on. :(

I leave it on full time. But if you camp in the winter you're going to get condensation behind it. So I pop up when I'm home, un-tuck the ends, and pull open the arctic pack windows to let air move around behind it. I also have a fan with some velcro glued to it, and I hang that in one of the corners to push air around.

If you take it off completely, yes it'll be a pain to get back on.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was hoping to leave the insulation layer on fulltime. Sounds like it's possible. I assume I'll have to loosen the clamps in relation to the thickness of the insulation I'm adding?

Congrats on the Panther!

A second thanks as well, for the great right up Ski3pin. What about people on the coast of Oregon, Washington and BC? Does the amount of moisture and the pouring rain and condensation effect your use of the artic pack?

On the coast I need to pop the top up and air it out after every use. It sounds like it may capture more moisture and takes longer to dry?

Back
Top Bottom