At long last - The official All Terrain Campers WTW flatbed edition thread

Two reasons: the bench seats were constructed with dimensions to allow a certain size storage box to be put into them via the outside hatches. This makes the seats taller than normal. The dinette floor both allows for an inset table stand holder and it raises the floor to a more comfortable position for the user. We are both around 6ft I think anyone shorter would want a taller floor in the dinette than mine.

Oh okay, the leg height issue makes sense. They make mostly flush table leg holders (less that 1/4" tall) so I was hoping it wasn't just for that.

Your outside hatches makes me ponder more on mine. I previously debated outside access to under my dinette seats to limit weather points and figured just get the stuff from the inside (I'll have more traditional flip off cushions) but there is some appeal to just opening a hatch and grabbing stuff out too... Hmmm.

That is brilliant!

How does the plumbing work?

We used the white nylon braided water line and since I kept breaking the plastic connectors Jeff decided to use brass ones. Breaking problem solved. We also used the flex drain hose for the sink drain. Suspended both off the back of the drawer to keep from crimping them and let them curl up naturaly when the drawer is moving open or closed.

We used the white nylon braided water line and since I kept breaking the plastic connectors Jeff decided to use brass ones. Breaking problem solved. We also used the flex drain hose for the sink drain. Suspended both off the back of the drawer to keep from crimping them and let them curl up naturaly when the drawer is moving open or closed.

Thanks for the description. :)

This is the best camper I have ever seen!!!! DirtyDog...what type of steps are you using to access the camper?

I want to see more...keep the pics coming.

Where is the Porta-Pot?

Poop in a bag with kitty litter...........Lots of floor space.

Camper looks great and I bet it is more impressive in person. Some day our paths will cross.

Show use what you use for a ladder to get in and out.

What a fantastic set-up !
Brilliant ! ! ! :D
More photos, please :LOL:
Please tell us about the flatbed - I must have missed that... :unsure:

I haven't decided on a step solution yet. Craig do you mean the top of the camper from the ground?

WOWEE! Very innovative and thoughtful solution for storage space and compactness. Do you and AWC have a patent on this? Cost of camper and cost of flatbed?

WOWEE! Very innovative and thoughtful solution for storage space and compactness. Do you and AWC have a patent on this? Cost of camper and cost of flatbed?

No patents. The cost of the flatbed was about 4400 installed and I sold my old bed for 750. Cost of the camper would have to be negotiated with ATC as it was completely custom. I do know that while my camper would be pretty expensive due to the nature of the build, a flatbed shell would be more reasonable if you were interested in that. Again you would have to talk to ATC for specifics.

With an overall cost of about 3700 for the flatbed and the possibility of a not-too-expensive flatbed shell, I think the flatbed option is pretty attractive for a serious wanderer.

Holy Smokes! Even better than I imagined. Good to see you have a new Mistress/"Kept Women". Treat her right and you should get years of fun out of her. :LOL:

Home Skillet

Nice build, congrats.
Couple quick questions if you don't mind.
How does the camper attach to the flatbed?
Why passenger side door over drivers?

Nice build, congrats.
Couple quick questions if you don't mind.
How does the camper attach to the flatbed?
Why passenger side door over drivers?

We bolted the camper to the bed.

Regarding the door - I wanted the door on the same side as the propane tank so that I could roll the awning out over the door, setup my outside table and attach my stove to the camper propane tank. So the placement of the door dictated where most of the internal cabinets and appliances would be located.

Thats half the answer but I must admit I don't remember all the factors that went into deciding on a right-side door. There are only a few flatbed campers in the US and they all have the door on the right side so I know there's another reason for it I'm just not thinking of it right now.

Back
Top Bottom