ATC Ocelot on order !

takesiteasy said:
Sounds great! Congrats on joining the club.
Congrats on pulling the trigger. I think all of your choices are solid and like you said, you can make changes right up to the beginning of the build. Looking forward to seeing pics !!

Blr said:
Congrats! We ordered our Ocelot shell on 11/28, now comes the waiting.... Im curious what options you added, and what width you went with?
Sounds like we will be "in production " very closely timed.
My original build quote is from early May. As follows

Fantastic fan
12,000 BTU propane furnace
Luggage and boat rack, to be changed to full length Yakima tracks
Electric water pump,more research ahead, I'm used to sailboat foot pump,depends on ease of repair and longevity.
Additional roof vent over upper berth
Mech jacks.
Auxiliary battery system, two AGM batteries, I beleive they use 79 AH version East Penn Deka 8A24
Awning , I haven't asked what brand and model, this is still an open decision. But I do want an awning. (Perhaps future add on ?)
Awning side LED light , hopefully switched from outside. I think.
Cold weather pack.
110 volt system with converter, I have no idea of what they install, I do have a great respect for there knowledge. But open to discussion.
Solar panel , 150 watt.
Gas struts.
Standard side sofa.
Seems very well equipped, perhaps overly. Marty's estimate was 1000 # dry. This was probably before I up sized the solar/ battery.

I want to be very weight conscience, my truck is but a 1/2 ton F150. So I may start downsizing. Fact is I would trade the truck in before I would back down to much. Not an option though for a couple years. I researched the truck set up to death and am satisfied it will be fine.

The F150 Ocelot version (78" wide)is 4 inches taller to accommodate the deeper Ford box .I'm not sure I can translate that to usable space, head room, well I'm 5'8 ish :). The ish is boots. No benefit here.

My first wish is a compressor fridge located behind the front center and converting original space to bulky, lightweight , perhaps fly rods,wader storage,dry goods etc. I don't know what fridge (hopefully 45 or 50 L) or how much the space available is.
Please hit me with any feed back. I am forcefully trying to not call the crew at ATC, they have work to do :). Plus there are many others in front of me, my day to call in will come soon and I hope to be as educated as possible. This is fun. Like a 6 year olds Christmas morning fun.
Thank you all !!

Do you know how they mount the solar brackets to the roof?

I'm close to placing my order but I keep having one more thing to change. Visiting this forum helps, for both good and a tad more time.

crumbs said:
Do you know how they mount the solar brackets to the roof?
I'm close to placing my order but I keep having one more thing to change. Visiting this forum helps, for both good and a tad more time.
I was told by Jeff they would mount directly to the roof , assuming he meant with L brackets. I think the consensus here might be they can also be mounted to Yakima racks , perhaps also with L brackets. Good question and it is on my list for when I pay a visit in mid January. Since there is up to a 4 month wait time for delivery, I decided if I was going to do any traveling ATC style before 2017 was half over, better order now. I think refining the build sheet before yours goes to the build shop is not a problem.

Thanks. Would you know if it gets glued on as some do it yourself types have done, or bolted/riveted?

Yep, he told me late May. I'll just have to get by with my current setup.

Attachments

• IMG_20160918_172146.jpg
    IMG_20160918_172146.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 112
The L brackets are bolted to the solar panel and the L brackets are attached to the roof framing with screws and sealant, the same way Yakima tracks are attached to the roof.

Back
Top Bottom