ATC trip

Get over it

Well thought about a 08 Sunlite with AC.Then did some homework. ...met Marty/Jeff from All Terrain Campers via tele/email.Well long story longer.Im a function over form kinda guy (wife hates it).Also 3 years out for a brand new pop up truck camper.
Sooo this dago redneck did the next best thing and bought an old one with good bones.Found tremendous tutorials for fixin this and that on this site and ......thought NO WAY.The little preious time I have available will not be fabing and replacing ; lift panels/liner/sewing/headliner etc...
So I spoke to the 2 companies known of and decided on ATC for my 1980s something Keystone.Mostly due to the "warm & fuzzies" I received via tele/emails.For example when calling or emailing I dealt with either Marty or Jeff, and both knew what was last discussed.Instead of phone options for various departments and mechanical "beings".Marty actually suggested the newer make over repairing the FWC!
So 1 month later of hem hawing (on my part)...how much for this, how much for that, can you do this....etc.And very patient I might add, instead of some mechanical"being" sighing under their breath like some school kid blowing bubble gum bubbles and getting the gum stuck under their pallet.
Anyway, made the trek from apple valley ca, to Sacramento and 1 day late I must add.The crew stayed way past business hours to accept my Gem.2 hours later after showing me all their processes and work stations for each aspect of their"custom" build procedures SOLD ME WHERE I AM BUYING A new Camper in 3 years.Tig welded frames is their only method over others whom have monkeys mig weld (tig is preferred by nascar/offroad frames by the way).Showed me the materials going into mine and benefits for longevity. Then what Jeff did next is Awesome. ..told ME I was not leaving their until my 12 volt wiring was right and a new isolator and battery were installed! Most would have left a business being told whats going to happen with their wallet. By now you sense my personality fits my 6'3" 260 lb body .So I did what any loud mouth joketster , only been knocked out twice kind a guy would do.....And humbled my self and said yessirrrrrr.After all Jeff being with ATC for 2 plus generations and the original owner spoke volumes. Oh ITOLD HIM..I ALSO WANTED 3 MORE THINGS! WELL WHILE I was sleeping or visiting family not far away, they (MARTY AND JEFF) Did 6 things and only charged me for 2!!!! Can you believe that *$#€ ! Oh and they checked all appliances and propane systems!!!!WowsER.So my 1980s POS is now ready within 48 hours of drop off!! Instewd of 72 hours quoted!!For liner/both lift panels/headliner/new 12 volt functioning system/weatherstrip/functioning furnace /fan-tastics installed/3 new interior lights.........One can only wonder why their are not many more ATCs on the road. Heres my take on things.
1.they love what they do
2.dam good at what they do
3 . everything is "custom" in regards to production vs parking lot models sitting a round.
4.they are tradesmen originally, now engineers in my book, and dont have some snot nosed salesperson"telling" you about their products, THEY SHOW YOU WITH 2 OPTIONS-OPTION 1 IS TECHNICAL
OPTION 2 IS INSTRUCTIONAL.
And they are part of every build!
Sooo after Sacramento headed to Lake tahoe, then down through the sierras. Peace out.

Your post says exactly why many of us love All Terrain Campers, the guys that own it and work there, and the way they take care of us and our campers. There is no better.

ski3pin said:
Your post says exactly why many of us love All Terrain Campers, the guys that own it and work there, and the way they take care of us and our campers. There is no better.
What Ski said..... :D

ski3pin said:
Also what Ski said. We had similar experience when we had Marty and crew change the Bobcat to a different truck.

Their business is built on lots of things from quality construction to very wonderful costumer service.
Can't say enough about their business ethic.

Frank

Yep, what Ski and Casa said. These guys run a completely honest and competent business. Couldn't do better.

only a few months into my experience with ATC, but ditto everthing already said...

I bought my first Bobcat from ATC in 2007. Sold it in 2012. Missed it. Then bought another Bobcat for a new Tacoma in 2013. I opted this time for a side dinette, heater/stove buildtop, aux battery system and then built out the rest. I now envy little as far as a go anywhere rig is involved. Marty has a can-do attitude and will make your camper yours both today and tomorrow.

All the above and beyond.I was so over whelmed being I operate a Automotive repair shop,and could be a lot richer/busier but regardless of your beliefs,HONESTY/INTEGRITY/LOYALTY/Man or Women of YOUR WORD gOOOOOO along wayyyyy in this world.The options they had to "upsell" me were great,being my Keystone was a 1982-1987(undetermined @ this time).Marty prior to appointment told me WHY...I asked about so many incidentals or preventable measures and he still said WHY you don't need it.Dealing with autos so many unforeseen / underlying issues arise from time to time.But both Marty and Jeff know their business and assured me no surprises,and their were NONE.The only "surprises" were what they did beyond my request and no extra charges.Again I operate a auto repair shop and could have easily in a parts parking lot added the 12 volt system,BUT they so reasonably priced it Made it a no brainer.As for research days ,I had spoken to both Marty and Jeff in regards to advice and they were "spot on" every time.Getting to see/hear their personalities was epic.Shops clean,organized.Their process of manufacturing leaves a lot to "custom" build what a customer wants or should I say what "Jeff" allows them lollolo {.They wont do stupid or allow it at any cost.
So the Son inherits the Keystone in 3 years and Dad E gets a new ATC(flatbed).Still trying to finger picture uploads}

Back
Top Bottom