ATC Window Shade Solution?

Gussie

I got my Bobcat without any curtains, thinking I can figure it out myself. I've been all over these forums trying to find solutions for window shading. I'm looking for something that is solar reflective, especially for the big passenger side window.

Ideas and solutions, please!

Here's what I did and it works great...

curtain1.JPG

curtain 2.JPG

curtain 3.JPG

Lo-Tech is my middle name.
GroovyDad, what is the material?
Forgive my ignorance, but as far as Reflectix is concerned, a 24 x48" piece will suffice, but all's I see on Amazon are big rolls of it. I'd shoot down to Lowe's or Home Depot to see if i can get a piece cut off a roll, but it's 45 miles away. Is that how this stuff works?

ski3pin said:
Under our fabric curtains, we have cut reflectix to size and it stays in place with a press fit.
This is what we did as well. We bought a roll and used it for all the windows and under the mattress in the cabover as well. We also use it between the arctic pac and the vinyl sides in the winter for additional insulation.

takesiteasy said:
This is what we did as well. We bought a roll and used it for all the windows and under the mattress in the cabover as well. We also use it between the arctic pac and the vinyl sides in the winter for additional insulation.
Under the mattress = an excellent idea. Thanks...

Gussie said:
Lo-Tech is my middle name.
GroovyDad, what is the material?
Forgive my ignorance, but as far as Reflectix is concerned, a 24 x48" piece will suffice, but all's I see on Amazon are big rolls of it. I'd shoot down to Lowe's or Home Depot to see if i can get a piece cut off a roll, but it's 45 miles away. Is that how this stuff works?
I just used cotton canvas material for the blackout curtain and drapery sheer for the diffuser panel. It works great for me. Honestly, I rarely use that side window.

Back
Top Bottom