Attached Fold Out Shower Enclosures

Technically, not an attached fold out shower enclosure, but a cost effective alternate.

popup tent
DV tested. Eight years service, with blown zippers, which we've repaired with tabs of velcro.
Secured with a carabiner though the spring steel frame with 1" repurposed canvas strap to rear step of Hawk. I added tarp bungees to the corners and the tent can be set up away from camp for personal use.

Inside the tent is a floor mat, which doubles as our regular mat we keep at the bottom of our stairs.
astroturf mat

Toiletries sit inside the shower tent, on top of our plastic folding table, which doubles as our side table for morning coffee with our camp chairs. Everything is multipurpose.

Two gallons of pressurized hot water at 110F is delivered via our Zodi Extreme .
We've had it for ten years and just replaced the handle/pump assembly. They are based in Salt Lake.
We often use this extra two gallons as a secondary water tank, using spring water when on longer trips.

I've got a six foot hose on an auxiliary two gallon tank, which doubles as our BBQ tank and is a back up to our main tank. Back ups are good.

Outside of tent is a camp chair with towel waiting. Sandals ready to slip into.

Total cost, including hot water is $270.00

Lighthawk,

We have a pop up shower encloser similer to the one you pictured. We find it to the a floppy, unstable PITA in even mildly breezy conditions. Also there is no much room inside. It does work -sort of but not satisfactory for our needs.

Looking for something that is a bit larger and sturdier.

Pvstoy

I am somewhat familiar with most of the ensuite type units on the market. I have a spreadsheet comparing sizes and features but none are quite what I want.

I may wind up buying one of the en-suite units but still working on some DIY ideas.

Thanks just the same.

Craig

Lighthawk said:
Technically, not an attached fold out shower enclosure, but a cost effective alternate.

popup tent
DV tested. Eight years service, with blown zippers, which we've repaired with tabs of velcro.
Secured with a carabiner though the spring steel frame with 1" repurposed canvas strap to rear step of Hawk. I added tarp bungees to the corners and the tent can be set up away from camp for personal use.

Inside the tent is a floor mat, which doubles as our regular mat we keep at the bottom of our stairs.
astroturf mat

Toiletries sit inside the shower tent, on top of our plastic folding table, which doubles as our side table for morning coffee with our camp chairs. Everything is multipurpose.

Two gallons of pressurized hot water at 110F is delivered via our Zodi Extreme .
We've had it for ten years and just replaced the handle/pump assembly. They are based in Salt Lake.
We often use this extra two gallons as a secondary water tank, using spring water when on longer trips.

I've got a six foot hose on an auxiliary two gallon tank, which doubles as our BBQ tank and is a back up to our main tank. Back ups are good.

Outside of tent is a camp chair with towel waiting. Sandals ready to slip into.

Total cost, including hot water is $270.00
Lighthawk - This is my exact setup. Mine has tie out loops 3/4 of the way up. Which I always either tie between the front and back jack brackets on the drivers side of the camper or between two trees. I've never had a problem in the wind.

Although, on a sand bar in the Green River in Canyonlands NP with no trees in site, yes...

I've been using this two room shower/bathroom enclosure for a few years. one room has floor with mesh around floor sides, other room has solid floor. zipper door between rooms to keep one side dry. has bug screen on window and roof. In this photo the roof fly is not installed.
If its windy I secure it to the non-furnace side on the camper. If its not windy it gets erected away from camper. works well.

solar shower enclosure copy.JPG

I found out the Aaron at Artemis Overland Hardware ran out of stock bag units of Quick Pitch. I did get one of the last soft sided units through Bundutec USA . https://bundutecusa.com/quick-en-suite/

Next shipment from South Africa will be in midish April or so.....

Jenn at Bunduted mentioned if you decide on a hard case of the Quick Pitch please note if you want the case to open and stay open on a flat walled surface, you'll will need to mount the unit with a stand off from the wall for the top to swing open.

pvstoy if you look at my previous post (#8 in this thread) you can see the hard case mounted flush to the side of my camper with the lid staying in the open position.

What I did have to do is to drill out the latches and reverse them so that they stuck “out” when latched. I just riveted the latches back into place without any issue.

smlobx said:
pvstoy if you look at my previous post (#8 in this thread) you can see the hard case mounted flush to the side of my camper with the lid staying in the open position.

What I did have to do is to drill out the latches and reverse them so that they stuck “out” when latched. I just riveted the latches back into place without any issue.
Eddie good tip about the latches. I would guess most people that have or mount the hard case have not thought of that or are willing to modify because of ones own skill set ability's.

Brookie sent me a message while we were recently in Africa for 6 weeks about shower enclosure.

Hi Patrick,
Would you please advise me on the shower tent you installed? Brand name, how you installed it, etc?

Quick Pitch shower enclosure and mounted it on the drivers side bolted through just where I wanted it. Some links.

http://www.quickpitc...ca.com/gallery/

https://bundutecusa....quick-en-suite/

So I can't attach images in a PM and everybody like images so here are a few of the soft sides Quick Pitch attached.
Cheers,
20210403_132438_resized.jpg

20210403_132408_resized.jpg

I have built both indoor and outdoor showers for my rig (ATC Cougar on Tundra).

The outdoor one is very simple: Stearns 5 Gal Solar Shower hung on a hook bolted to the top of the main camper body (not to the raised roof) next to the rear door. I then take a tarp and clip one corner to one jack bracket, open the rear door to 90 degrees and clip the tarp to the top corner of the door, and then clip the other tarp corner to the other jack bracket. It makes a triangle shaped shower enclosure at the rear door. I stake down the two lower corners of the tarp, and I use a silicone pad to stand on found here... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SLK7NC6?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1. The clips are from Home Depot...
i-r46BHHZ-X2.jpg

It all fits stowed away in the propane hatch. No need to get more elaborate than this simple outdoor shower.

The quick en-suite is pretty nice. Available through Bundutek Campers Attaches simply and securely, easy to use and easy to put away. Available in either a box format or a bag format. Give jjenn@bundutecusa.com an email or a call (319) 234-0071
Don't own one but have visited Bundutek, met the people and seen their excellent products.

We operate a Bundutek Wild.

My indoor shower enclosure is more elaborate and was inspired by what others have done. I use this when it is cold and windy outside. I got a 30" x 30" PVC shower base from a company called "pig" that folds up for storing, and I added a drain tube. The bulkhead fitting was from here https://www.amazon.com/Quickun-Thru-Bulk-Bulkhead-Fitting-Straight/dp/B0852JT2S2?th=1 and I used silicon sealant instead of the useless silicon washers that came with it (heat up a socket with a 1/2" O.D. to create a perfect hole). I had a 3/8" plastic elbow for the drain through a hole I drilled in the floor...
i-tkHNwbT-X2.jpg

i-cV6FkZs-X2.jpg

I plug the hole in the floor (with a part I had laying around) when not using the shower...
i-t222Sv7-X2.jpg

I hang the shower curtain from the ceiling with Command clips, actually two curtains required to make it all the way around..
i-NdvvR7w-X2.jpg

i-qtZQMZ6-X2.jpg

for hot water I use this to heat 2 liters or more water on the stove... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09246KWN6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 and I fill this to spray water on myself... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DVXXIQQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details and I have a collapsible PVC bucket to keep water available in the shower. Works great.

That's it. The tricky part is adding the hole for a drain tube. I heated up a socket with 1/2" OD and burned the initial hole, then very carefully cut the inner fabric with a razor knife. Then I installed the little bulkhead fitting. That fitting by the way is barbed on both ends and I cut the barb off for the end that faces inside the shower pan for better drainage.

If you already have a stove top like I do, then all you need to do is heat water, which is quick and easy. One of those hand held 12v shower head with pump would deliver a real shower from a pot of water (or from the sink), but I just use a 2 liter water bottle with that "Simple Shower" thing attached. It conserves water better.

Back
Top Bottom