Attic Vent Cover Replacement

super doody

I just noticed my attic vent cover was cracked probably from scrapping on a overhang beam from a parking garage (I have been using the truck due to my commuter car being out of commission). Luckily I had no other damage just a cracked vent cover. Does anyone know a good place to find a replacement vent cover? Will this one work with the current heigh adjustment mechanism:

http://www.rvpartssupplier.com/product-p/311646.htm

Thanks!

Jim

The Fantastic Vent website has a number you can call for parts (1-800-521-0298). Someone else might know if that cover might work or of other parts suppliers.

Steve

I almost want to say the covers are covered for life? Call fantastic regardless and they'll hook you up.

I almost want to say the covers are covered for life? Call fantastic regardless and they'll hook you up.

Thanks all. I just went a head and ordered the vent. The vent cover is almost as expensive as the entire vent.

http://www.makariosrv.com/fan-tastic-vent-replacement-cover-smoke-1020-19/

Did you try calling fantastic? Like I said I think I recall that they'll replace the cover for free if it ever breaks.

I should've followed through with NorCalSteve's advice. I did call Fantastic Vent but the hold time was more than 20 mins so that is why I just ordered the vent.

To my surprise, the vent I received was a dome shaped vent instead of the flat vent.

D7094BF4-EA5C-4F2A-B620-AE879962AA2A-1829-000000C1CC85808D_zpsf251598c.jpg

I couldn't locate the flat vent on the web so I called fanatisic vent again. I was hold for over 30 mins. When I finally got through, the nice rep told me that the Vent has a lifetime warranty and told me that people shouldn't be selling these vents. That is probably the reason why, I couldn't find it online especially the flat vent. So FYI so you don't make the same mistake I did.

Too bad I didn't look at this website a few days ago. I have had an ad on this website to sell my vent for several weeks now. I really didn't want anything for it, just wanted to not throw it away.

Chris

Just an update to this thread that may help someone. I broke the Fantastic fan vent cover on my 2010 Hawk. My fan is a 4000 series. Unfortunately I didn't find this thread earlier. I did some research and found out that the replacement part number for that fan is K1020-19. I ordered it from Amazon, and found (like above) that it is dome shaped, not flat. I tried to install it anyways, but it would not close around the spacer wart properly. I called Fantastic Fan customer service, and they told me it should fit since "all the domes fit all the fans". They said there is a two year warranty on parts, no mention of a lifetime warranty on domes.

I found out that the correct part number for the flat lid is: 4020. The flat vent cover kit with the installed hinge, etc, in smoke would be: K4020-19. The Atwood part number is 90643. The retail price is around $29, a couple of on line RV dealers sell them.

An update to my update: I called Fantastic Fan again and spoke with a very helpful lady named "Bre". She said the dome shaped vent cover could be used to replace the flat cover, but that the lift arm would have to be changed since they are different for the flat or domed shaped cover.

Regarding the warranty, the domed shaped cover has a lifetime warranty, the flat cover only has a seven year warranty. Fortunately, my fan was dated "05/10" so I was still within the warranty period. I had to pay $15 shipping for the new fan.

Ordered new k1020-19 from Home Depot…before I checked this forum. Dometic is shipping me a flat cover k4020 as my cover broke at the hinge attachment to the cover. Dometic informed me that the cover has lifetime warranty. Canceled Home Depot order.

I just checked amazon and they show the 4020-19 is "Currently unavailable.We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

I note that Vintage Trailer seems to have some in White for $39.99

The bracket on my original metal cover broke.

In July replaced it with a flat smoke color version because I could not find a metal one and the plastic one is already cracked and has a small hole in it. It addition it is not opaque and lets light in. We prefer opaque.

I am now back to looking for a flat metal replacement cover rather than a plastic replacement but I have searched again and can't locate one. I wonder if an RV surplus dealer might have one.

Dometic is shipping me a 4020-19 free of charge and no shipping. If you insist buying one, they may sell it to you. I was told that the flat smoke cover is warranties for life.

Back
Top Bottom