August trip to Alaska

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
Just started planing the trip. Have ferry booked,Bellingham to Whittier on the MV Kennicot.
Info,suggestions on the Kenai area needed.
Places to see/camp.
Our interests are,wildlife viewing,fishing (mine non combat style),hiking. Any sort of outdoor stuff.
Thanks Frank

Frank - On two different occasions we have taken a half-day trip out of Seward around Resurrection Bay. Relatively inexpensive and the wildlife viewing is excellent, with a wide variety of birds and mammals. There are lots of campground options on the Kenai Peninsula. Also, we had a fabulous experience flying from Homer to Katmai NP for bear viewing. I just sent you a PM regarding that. - Richard

Missing Link said:
Frank - On two different occasions we have taken a half-day trip out of Seward around Resurrection Bay. Relatively inexpensive and the wildlife viewing is excellent, with a wide variety of birds and mammals. There are lots of campground options on the Kenai Peninsula. Also, we had a fabulous experience flying from Homer to Katmai NP for bear viewing. I just sent you a PM regarding that. - Richard
Thanks. Frank

I forgot to mention. My nephew lives in Homer and is a navigator on a science research ship. It is docked in Seward. The photos of the area are astounding. I can't wait to get there. I would be very interested in following your blog on your trip. Thanks for the tip.

I just tried out the http://campscout.com/ link above for a couple of areas known to me and I must say I found it very accurate and fairly descriptive of a specific camps features. I'll trust it is the same level of accuracy for the rest of the areas. Thanks for the link and I wish you well on your trip to the north land.

LuckyDan said:
I just tried out the http://campscout.com/ link above for a couple of areas known to me and I must say I found it very accurate and fairly descriptive of a specific camps features. I'll trust it is the same level of accuracy for the rest of the areas. Thanks for the link and I wish you well on your trip to the north land.
I am glad to hear your comment on the site. I did a search of other areas,ones that I have gone to and found their info very accurate.
I have made it my go to site for camp info.
Frank

I'm planning on driving to Alaska from Texas starting May 1. Camp scout look like a good guide especially finding sites in Canada. The plan is 17 days, 4750 mi to get to Anchorage and meet up with my wife. We plan to go to Denali, the across the Denali Highway, down to Valdez, and then around to Haines. From Haines we will take the ferry back to Prince Rupert and drive back via Washington and the west coast. Hope the truck holds up. May is a nice time for Alaska, things are just thawing out, the mosquitos are not bad, and it's light all the time.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
In searching info for our trip I found a great site for camping.
Some may know about it.
It's campscout.com
I found this site easy to use.
Hope it might have some use for others.
Frank
Just came across this tip, very useful thanks for posting it!

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

How long will you be in Alaska?

It can be difficult to find non-combat fishing in Kenai, depending on how far you like to walk. Let me know what your preferences are and maybe I can come up with some suggestions.

Stan

Back
Top Bottom