aux power/charge port

BenG

wired 8 gauge from truck battery to back of truck, installed a slide plug rate at 50 amp at back of camper that goes camper battery, can plug the plugs together to charge battery from truck to camper or remve plug and plug into 12 volt from generator to charge either truck or camper battery, plus it gives me a connection for 12 volts for what ever I want up to 30 amp thats what the breakers are, could run up to 50 amps with wire and plugs but got some saftey this way

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 387
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 375
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 372
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 372
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 371
Nice work, I might have to add one of those someday, though I can probably get away with using the 12v plug i already installed

12V Plugs

Good, heavy wiring you got there!

I've been looking for plugs like you have on the ends of your cables.

Where would somebody get some of those?

-Buzz

Plugs

I have my jumper cable wired with that kind of plug and I mounted one side to the front bumper so I don't have to open the hood to jump another vehicle. I got mine at a local independent auto parts store. I don't know if any of the chains have them or not. They are a bit pricey as I remember.
Brian

Looks like those connectors are the Anderson Power Pole type. looks like 50 or 75 amp units....Often, they are used for winches and other high power applications like fork lifts and the like. I'm sure if you search you can find them.....

dave

these connectors are rate at 50 amp and yes forklifts ,winches, use them I picked these up at local Napa autoparts

Back
Top Bottom