Back Wall Ladder Rack?

JimArneson

Has anyone here seen a ladder rack/holder installed on the back wall of a FWC? Anyone have opinions on doing it?

Thinking of something like this Photoshopped image...

Ladder%20Rack-XL.jpg

I attached 4 loop brackets and attached my two sand mats (used for extracting yourself when stuck). They stayed there fine... just a hassle (I have since moved them elsewhere) as one needs to take them off to open the propane door then put them back on in the when bugging out. If you can do it so the door still opens I think it is a grand idea.

Jim,

A thought - perhaps fabricate an Aluminum plate to attach to the jack bracket and put mounting features in it for the step stool/ladder. Mount a rubber bumper or something behind it to damp vibration. Something like this would minimize new holes and abrasion marring of the rear Aluminum siding on your nice camper.

Request:

Would you pleas post a close up picture of the mounting bracket for the rear LED flood lights.

I just changed the floodlights on my camper from the original to LED but the case on the LED lights don't allow the lights to tilt up as far as the original floodlights. I plan to make a spacer or something but would like to see what FWC does first.

Here is what I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DH3EY68/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks in advance,
Craig

Jim,

Thanks.

The mount appears to be similar or the same, but the Grote light is a bit thinner than the much cheaper (and brighter ==> 2200 lumen) lights I bought on Amazon.

I will need to make a spacer so they will tilt up a bit more Hopefully they will not be too bright. If so I have already found a low cost replacement that has 1/2 the output and is about the same as the Grote (1000 lumens)and I can use these bright lights as offroad lights on the front of the truck.

Possible less bright substitute LED flood lamps:

https://www.amazon.com/USA-Lighting-Optics-Wrangler-Excavator/dp/B01ACLMVF8/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1505947944&sr=1-3&keywords=15+w+square+LED

Regards,
Craig

Back
Top Bottom