Backup camera

Toddhom

Advanced Member
Excuse me if this has been talked about before. There is a lot of information out there but I'm having trouble finding info specific to what I'm trying to do. I want to move my backup camera to the back of my camper. I have a 2015 Toyota Tacoma. I have ordered the OEM cable that will allow me to plug into the connection under the back of the camper. The trouble I'm having is finding a 6 volt, four pin camera that I can simply plug into the other end of the harness I bought. Most of the cameras have rca connectors and I'm not sure if they are 6 or 12 volts. I want to leave the existing camera in the tailgate. I don't want to but another tailgate camera because it will be hard to mount where I want to put it. Does anyone know of a camera that I can mount to the underside of the camper that will plug into the OEM harness?

Todd Homchick

best way to search many have found is to use google and enter -
backup camera site:www.wanderthewest.com

I’ve looked at a lot of threads. Can’t seem to find A stand alone camera that will plug into oem four pin connection.

I bought one for our 2013 Tacoma from Camera-Source. It plugged right into the Tacoma wiring where you disconnect the tailgate mounted OEM camera when removing the tailgate. I fasten the camera just above the license plate with hardware supplied by Camera-Source.

I already have the wiring harness. I just need a camera. I can find a camera with rca connectors all day long. Again I really shouldn’t have tonight at a lot of money for this. Maybe I should be looking for an adapter

I bought a used OEM back up tailgate camera for my Ram on eBay, and it was plug and play.
I had to make a bracket, but it was fairly easy to make and install.

There’s a 4 prong connector camera for a Tacoma that might work on eBay. Item #122390154691

Back
Top Bottom