Bailey's 2018 Raven Shell - Build & Photos

BaileyJ

Advanced Member
46032545931_bf8c57b6ee_k.jpg

Scored the Black Friday deal of a lifetime!

Friday 11/23/18, I purchased an almost-new 2018 Four Wheel Campers - Raven (Shell) in Bonners Ferry, ID. When I picked up my truck in December of 2017 I had intentions of adding a camper of some kind. Moving to Colorado put that plan on hold but not for very long. I'm excited to "build" this thing and make it more comfortable for travel.

2018 - Four Wheel Campers - Raven (Shell)
- Forced Air Furnace w/ Thermostat and Propane Tanks
- Glass Top Flush Mount 2 Burner Propane Stove
- Power Roof Vent Fan
- Standard Roof Vent
- Group 24 battery w/ smart isolator

... I decided to add a few things

Electrical
- Blue Sea Panel
- Dometic CFX65W Fridge
- Renogy 200W Solar Kit
- WeBoost Cell Booster
- Additional Group 24 AGM Battery

Interior Storage & Organization
- FrontRunner Outfitter Flat Pack (x1) - Toiletries & Misc. Cords
- Blue Ridge Overland Gear - Toiletries Bag (kept inside flat pack)
- FrontRunner Outfitters Kitchen Utensil Set
- Custom "Stealth Camping" Platform
- Storage Under Platform

Misc. Interior
- Rumpl Blanket
- Coleman 30° Sleeping Bag
- Dometic 5gal Cassette Toilet
- Lagun Table
- Custom Tabletop via SoloArtist

Misc. Exterior
- AT Overland Water Can Holder w/ FWC corner bracket
- 5gal Scepter Can w/ Spigot
- Yakima Track System
- Window Tint
- Baja Designs S2 Sport, Work/Scene Lighting

... Might add a few more things down the road

Truck Build
- Bailey's 2010 Tundra - Adventure Build & Photos

31108283997_88e162a0d6_b.jpg

31108280847_3858044219_b.jpg

31108278377_42aa7d6d52_b.jpg

46047308321_9325710678_b.jpg

46047303461_534536a313_b.jpg

32176284228_131b16e900_b.jpg

longhorn1 said:
Awesome. Keep the photos coming. Are you going to build seating?
I'm thinking of putting one of the extra cushions on top of the Dometic fridge. Planning on putting it under the cab window. It will be a nice bench seat and I'll keep the other cushion near the passenger-side window.

Waiting on it to ship (currently backordered)

It's great to see another shell build.

I wanted to keep things simple in my build. I added some house ottomans that have storage in them for a seating area. It's nice because I didn't loose any floor space since mine are up on the wheel area. The main reason I did this was to have the ability to look out of the top windows. Something to consider. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Here is a short/crappy video of my build.

codename607 said:

I wanted to keep things simple in my build. I added some house ottomans that have storage in them for a seating area. It's nice because I didn't loose any floor space since mine are up on the wheel area. The main reason I did this was to have the ability to look out of the top windows. Something to consider. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I watched both of your videos about 50 times before picking up my shell! Love how you've kept everything simple and very practical. I'll be losing a little bit of floor space with the fridge, but It'll turn the bench into an L-shape seating area.

Have Solar and a weBoost on order. Hope to have them installed in the next 3-4 weeks.

DavidGraves said:
codename607
Can you tell me about the folding table in your video.....looks to be on window side at front ?

Many thanks

David Graves
Not trying to hijack BaileyJ's awesome topic so I'll keep my response short.

Basically, all I did was mount a small table on top of the window area(attached to the wood wall). Not much room to work with but I used some folding supports that I purchased off amazon. The table top was salvaged from an older table. Although the location works perfect for me I need to reinforce the supports that attach to the camper. Not the strongest area to mount to but the table holds items that aren't heavy.

Current Location
46184566772_a4087dce24_o.jpg

I also wanted to share something else, here is a table top that I had my friend Todd (@soloartist) make for me. I asked for something with the mountains and desert and he exceeded my expectations. So stoked with how this turned out! Perfect workspace :)

32362870918_e749a6e4d9_o.jpg

More interior shots to come ^

Added a Dometic CFX65W Fridge to the camper underneath the cab window. This forms an L-shape seat with the passenger-side bench. I had Off-Grid Engineering install a Blue Sea panel which powers the fridge and gives me extra power ports. It also has a voltmeter which is nice since my shell doesn't have one.

Note: The toilet is moving back to its original location
45339798335_1c60cec43c_k.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]
44435679670_56a6a8b7b0_k.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I wanted to be able to work on the road and have enough space for the laptop or two people to casually eat. A Lagun table was a must for having maximum usable space and being able to maintain a somewhat open floor plan. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]
45339815855_41ccac0fe5_k.jpg
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]
45339809755_8c8c07980b_k.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Ozzy Approves ^[/SIZE]

codename607 said:

Good info and ideas! What thermometer system is that?

codename607 said:

Love the ottoman and high table concept! Where to the ottoman's go while travelling? Can they be turned into a bed area somehow? Does the table come off/out somehow?

So Cal Adventurer said:
Good info and ideas! What thermometer system is that?

Vic Harder said:
Love the ottoman and high table concept! Where to the ottoman's go while travelling? Can they be turned into a bed area somehow? Does the table come off/out somehow?
Send him a PM if you haven't already

He probably won't reply here since he doesn't want to clog up my build thread :cool:

Nice Rig BaileyJ
How’s lifting the roof with both panels. Reason I ask is that we have 1-150watt have thought of adding, but wonder about the weight. Also like the table top, nice touch, nice friend.

Russ

CougarCouple said:
Nice Rig BaileyJ
How’s lifting the roof with both panels. Reason I ask is that we have 1-150watt have thought of adding, but wonder about the weight. Also like the table top, nice touch, nice friend.

Russ

It's a little heavy with both panels and the track system. The roof was empty up top so it came with light-duty gas struts.

If I remember correctly, juniper overland said I could upgrade to the 60lb struts without issues. It'll probably come down the road once I get tired of putting some muscle into lifting the roof. A battery upgrade will happen first

Thanks!
-Bailey

CougarCouple said:
Nice Rig BaileyJ
Russ
Russ, I have full tracks, two bars and a 150 watt panel on the Bobcat. I believe Marty put 40# struts on the camper. Very doable.

Close-up of the 5gal Scepter Water Can in the AT Overland mount. Picked this up from Juniper Overland while they were adding the solar. Added the PVC spigot once I got to SoCal. Nice for filling water bottles, dog bowls, washing hands, rinsing stuff, etc.

simple and practical

44759518670_1d1bf2f878_k.jpg

45663186135_0425695047_k.jpg

Back
Top Bottom