Baja Gray Whales 2013

I just got back last night and am getting acclimated to a real bed and indoor plumbing. It was a good trip but now I remember why I've always avoided Easter in Baja. Next year it will be Feb or March.

I want to thank Jay, Gene and Phil for letting us join them for part of the trip. It was great having live music and a fierce guard dog.

I haven't done much exploring on the pacific side so if anyone wants to get together for a summer trip let me know. I've got a years worth of insurance to use

It wouldn't have been the same without you guys. I hope we can do it again soon. Baja or whatever.....How 'bout the north rim in August? Rambo The Wonder Chug says woof.

Just a footnote on the border crossing. I'm not sure we saved any time at all by getting our FFM's in the mail before heading down there. It still took time getting everything signed and ready to go at the East POE. Getting it in the mail and having all the stuff ready does give you a bit of peace of mind but the big plus about the East POE is parking and tons of it. There is also a bank there so it could very well be just as easy to cross and get the FFM's right there.

It really wasn't that big of a deal getting a FMM tourist visa in Mexicali. Go to the Visa office fill out a simple form walk a block away or so pay 24 bucks (290 Pesos)...walk back to the Visa office get it stamped and on your way. Fyi they only except Pesos at the immigration office.
Of course no one ever checked for our tourist cards....and never have over the years in my travels down their.

Just a footnote on the border crossing. I'm not sure we saved any time at all by getting our FFM's in the mail before heading down there. It still took time getting everything signed and ready to go at the East POE. Getting it in the mail and having all the stuff ready does give you a bit of peace of mind but the big plus about the East POE is parking and tons of it. There is also a bank there so it could very well be just as easy to cross and get the FFM's right there.

Back
Top Bottom