Barney Riley Trail

The Saints

Well, we have been going out to the back country of Big Sur lately and found some awesome camping spots, we thought to expand our horizons. My friend has a little 4 wheeler of some sort thought we might like the Barney Riley trail. The trail is located just outside Markleeville and is a short trail as trails go. It is a definate 4 wd trail, but not too challenging. We plan to get there and camp a couple of nights then leave by the weekend. We are going the week of the 23rd of July, anyone gonna be there too?

Let me know if anybody has any suggestions or tips

Buy the way, is Wander the west on Facebook? I would love to have a group or page there too if that would be possible? any thoughts????

Ok, the ten day count down begins. We are still going, this time with a winch mounted to the bumper for a little bit more comfort.

I was going to do barney riley today. Made it to the top of monitor pass, rained hard the entire tme. West fork of the carson river was clear, east fork was a serious muddy brown. I had the Jeep along but no way am I going to tear up a dirt road just because I can. Hope it dries out for you. Monsoonal moisture sucks, not like a typical summer thunderstorm. I was talking to the lady in the leek springs hill lookout, she warned me away from monitor pass, I didn't listen. Should have.

Well I wanted to get out of the valley heat, sure accomplished that. :LOL:

Good choice Mark. We have had some pretty good flash flooding the last couple days. There could easily be some impassable sections right now, and definitely very soft terrain. It can be a real hot walk outta there if you get stuck.

Back
Top Bottom