Barrel latch at rear lift panel

Yes on pushing up the panel.

But I found another problem: a few times I didn’t unlatch before lifting the roof. It lifted and pulled out the latch easier than you would think, enlarging the hole each time. Oops!

Machinebuilder said:
Are you leaving your door open? If you don't it will be difficult to Raise or lower the top.
Yep, door open and lowering front first, as described by FWC and many others as the proper method. It is not that is hard to pull down, or at least pull most of the way down. It is that the struts feel too powerful, to me, and push the front back up to the point that one would push the push pole when popping up to sleep. The rear goes up and down like I would assume "normal" is. Odd thing is the rear has more weight on it in the form of the stock FWC aluminum rack...albeit not much weight at all. I am removing the rack system to install 2 flexible solar panels which will be slightly lighter than the rack...which may exacerbate the problem in the front. Time will tell.

rubberlegs said:
Yes on pushing up the panel.

But I found another problem: a few times I didn’t unlatch before lifting the roof. It lifted and pulled out the latch easier than you would think, enlarging the hole each time. Oops!
I’ve done that a few times.

CatButt said:
Yep, door open and lowering front first, as described by FWC and many others as the proper method. It is not that is hard to pull down, or at least pull most of the way down. It is that the struts feel too powerful, to me, and push the front back up to the point that one would push the push pole when popping up to sleep. The rear goes up and down like I would assume "normal" is. Odd thing is the rear has more weight on it in the form of the stock FWC aluminum rack...albeit not much weight at all. I am removing the rack system to install 2 flexible solar panels which will be slightly lighter than the rack...which may exacerbate the problem in the front. Time will tell.
I don't have any answer for that,

I have a Granby with the thermal pack and dont see where it affects opening and closing. I have added 2 rigid solar panels but didn't have any issue before them.

it might be worth checking the struts to see what they are.

Maybe call FWC and see if they have any ideas. You shouldn't have to pull the roof down.

If you don't think all the liner is pulled in close the door and use
the fantastic fan to help pull the liner all the way in. I use that method all
the time and have no problems.
Frank

I have been keeping a Thule carrier on top of my Eagle and was noticing recently that my neck has been sore....I figured it out. I use my head to slightly lift the rear to get the latch in place combined with additional weight. Solution...take the carrier off!

Back
Top Bottom