Benton Hot Springs - April 2016

I love Benton H.S. After my visit there last spring, I promised to try and make back at least once a year.

Thanks for reminding me to get back there again.

You did it right. Park the truck and stay put, but wander on foot. Cemetery (check), granite canyon (check), soak (check, check, check), admire Montgomery (check), historical buildings and vehicles (check) and soak some more! You did it all!

Suggestion, assuming you haven't already done it: From Adobe Valley, take Dobe Meadows Rd. north and around east side of Mono. It's a great alternate when 120 is closed from 395 too.

Nice Ski.
We can feel the warmth through your story.
Agreed about "new 4X4 drivers",the signs post 25 MPH under chain control.
Or even if the signs aren't turned seems like if conditions are bad SLOW down.
Oh well enough of the soap box.
Thanks for the great trip.
Frank

went there last fall. Loved the private (sort of) hot tub in my camp site. Great café in town (the only one)

A big thank you to all who posted comments about our story of the fun weekend. We really appreciate your kind words! :) You are sure correct Lighthawk, check, check, check, check, check! Mr. Groovy, we had our eyes out for you and your rig wondering if it was time for your annual visit. :) takesiteasy, I could sure go for a hot spring soak right now too!

Thanks Ski and Lady,

Reminds me that Benton HS is high on our list of "if or when" we are able to spend some time afield in California. Looks like a really great spot!

Foy

Thanks Ski for another interesting report. Well when we make that long trip to California, we will have a lot to see. Jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Back
Top Bottom