Benton Hot Springs

GroovyDad

Last weekend I went to Benton Hot Springs and had a BLAST! I have been wanting to go there for a couple of years now, and I finally had the chance.

So many "Wander the Westers" have nice blogs that they post links to and so I decided to do the same. I hope no one feels I'm copying them, but a blog is a better way for me to share with my Non-WTW family and friends.

Benton Hot Springs

Thanks for the trip report. Nicely done! The photos give a good feel for the area.

Ah, Nicely's. It wasn't until last summer that I finally got up the courage to try dining there again after a couple of excruciatingly bad meals about 40 years ago. I agree with you: The food is now very good.

..................and the folks are friendly in Nicely's. Benton Station where 120 hits 6 has gas cheaper than Lee Vining. We usually fill up there to venture out east into Nevada.

Nice story and blog, fun! :)

Where did you get the "cool little ladder"? I also carry a canoe or kayak on trips. But as I get older its harder to get up and down to the roof.

craig333 said:
Thanks. I've never actually stopped at the springs. Pricey?
It was $40.00/night for just me. I don't know if there is an add'l fee for "per person." As far as I'm concerned, it was well worth the money.

adrian said:
Where did you get the "cool little ladder"? I also carry a canoe or kayak on trips. But as I get older its harder to get up and down to the roof.
I traded a friend of mine a rifle scope for it. I think they're called a "fireman's attic ladder" and I think they retail in the $200-$250 dollar range, but they're bullet proof and worth the money. There are several different lengths and configurations available.

I was thinking about Benton if the wx didn't work out for Saline last weekend. Definitely looks like a nice place even if it is a little spendy compared to "free" soaks.

Back
Top Bottom