Black Friday/Cyber Monday anyone get a deal?

craig333

Riley's Human
I picked up a dc/dc charger from Renogy. 40a. I'm still not 100% sure I need one but I keep reading more and more about lithium charging and it sure won't hurt on those rare occasions the solar doesn't keep up.

The prevailing opinion is lithiums shouldn't be charged to 100% but I've found some interesting disagreements on that.

I have been curious about lithium batteries. My lead-acid pair are holding up well so far. I am just not clear what the lithium advantages are, but lots of folk I respect seem to like them.

I splurged on a 17 year old Nikon D200 with fewer than 14,000 clicks on the shutter. Should be here by December 4th. I need another Nikon DSLR like I need a hole in my head. I have way too many Nikon DSLRs as is, including an old D40 of the same age as the D200. The D40 has 6 MP, the D200 has 10 MP. By contrast my D850 has 45 MP, and does a few more things.

I gather the D200 handles almost any Nikon F-mount lens built since 1977, except for the Z mount lenses. There must be a gazillion F-mount lenses out there -- most selling for pretty cheap too.

I will let you all know how the new to me old camera works out.

AWG_Pics said:
I have been curious about lithium batteries. My lead-acid pair are holding up well so far. I am just not clear what the lithium advantages are, but lots of folk I respect seem to like them.
Some "killer" LifePO4 battery deals. If you google the advantages they are many and probably the last battery you'd ever buy assuming you don't overcharge it. Lighter, smaller, etc., etc.

I picked up a Renogy 100ah Li battery and DC/DC charger. Not a screaming deal but my VMaxx AGM just made it's last trip a few weeks ago.

We missed the Black Friday deals while out in the boonies. Oh well!

We absolutely love our lithium battery, but boy was it expensive, despite doing the installation myself. I have to say it was worth it.

One nice thing about lead acid is it would charge at low temperatures. Our lithium wouldn't charge below 32F (it has an internal heater which didn't work), but luckily our power needs were ok over 4-5 chilly days without any charging from the truck alternator or solar. We got home with another day or so to spare. The fridge didn't need any cooling energy in those conditions! I hope to find out soon why the internal heater failed.

Back
Top Bottom