Bombsight Build Thread

Fabbed a flat area for my Thetford toilet by dropping the OEM FWC shelf to the floor.
The Thetford Curve wobbled because of the door threshold.

Problem solved ... :p

Attachments

• DSC05909.jpg
    DSC05909.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC05905.jpg
    DSC05905.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 407
  • DSC05911.jpg
    DSC05911.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 374
Thanks, Longhorn .... Currently working on inside/outside shower.
Will post pics when project is complete.

Attachments

• fwc bombsight.jpg
    fwc bombsight.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 237
Spare parts I have obtained so far. I may never need these but if and when I do, replacing the part should be simple. If nothing else, its a great selling point imho.

Attachments

• DSC06028.jpg
    DSC06028.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 402
Always like checking in on this build - nearly twins - but you lifted higher and went with the Denali 4 door. I choose the SLT extended cab.

cdbrow1 said:
Always like checking in on this build - nearly twins - but you lifted higher and went with the Denali 4 door. I choose the SLT extended cab.
Thanks, cdbrow1.

I should have the indoor/outdoor shower system finished in a couple of weeks. I'll post detailed pics when I get 'er done.

A couple of pics from this past weekend (Labor Day).

Attachments

• C30P2795 copy.jpg
    C30P2795 copy.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 386
  • C30P2798 copy.jpg
    C30P2798 copy.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 386
cdbrow1 said:
Where is that at? I want to go there....
Upper Texas coast (Crystal Beach).
Not the most beautiful beach but fishing (Speckeld trout, Flounder, Red fish, etc.) sure is good. One of the few areas of coastline where anything still goes. Parties are big! We'd be glad you visited.

Bombsight said:
Not the most beautiful beach but fishing (Speckeld trout, Flounder, Red fish, etc.) sure is good. One of the few areas of coastline where anything still goes. Parties are big! We'd be glad you visited.
Might get the "twins" together sometime.

I did email Buckstop today about rear bumpers with Tire Mounts. I will let you know what I hear. Major pain that the only option seems to be the "Hitchgate." They are fine, but just not the finished look I want.

Bombsight said:
Bumper update.

Just got this from BuckStop Bumpers....

full

full

full

Hope those come through.

Awesome!
Thanks for sharing this info. I will be following this product closely since it seems as though Aluminess is leaving GMC owners out in the cold. :cautious:

Bombsight said:
Awesome!
Thanks for sharing this info. I will be following this product closely since it seems as though Aluminess is leaving GMC owners out in the cold. :cautious:
Buckstop can't do Aluminum for the rear bumpers with tire mounts. I assume it's a strength issue since they include the hitch as well. Ball park pricing is $2,300 with an 8 week lead time. Going to talk to them on the phone today and get more details. I do like the look of the Buckstop and it will be interesting to see what kind of options they have available.

I traded emails with Wilco yesterday as well. They make the tiregate and related products. They think an old product they made - the Tiregate VT-XD might have worked. They put a lot of time and money into building it and ended up only selling three of them. But lately there has been more interest. They may be announcing a new product in November - but no promises.

I will look into CBI if I get time today.

Spoke with Buckstop today. They are also known as Ruenel, which is a name that has been around a LONG time. They used to make semi bumpers we used when I was fleet manager back in the day. Once I figured who they were my comfort level went up a bit - they are a "real" company.

I got a quote from them a few minutes a ago for a rear bumper in steel with 2 gates (one on each side) one with a tire mount and one bare. $3105 with shipping to my door. They don't have any installers so I am on my own to get it installed. That is without backup lights (don't need them since I have floods on the FWC) and with 2 D Rings. Hitch is Class V - 20K rating.

Going to sleep on it for a few days and see if I really want to spend that kind of scratch on a bumper.

I was going to get a rear bumper from Reunel but they never returned a single email. Of course the funds for the bumper didn't stick around long :)

craig333 said:
I was going to get a rear bumper from Reunel but they never returned a single email. Of course the funds for the bumper didn't stick around long :)
I think they moved everything to "Buckstop" now.

Back
Top Bottom