breaking out_ buying new FWC Eagle

:oops: How long have you lived here? :p

Our whole lives, we should be ashamed. We have been to Mt Baker many times but never Mt. Rainier. The closest we have been is probably Puyallup or Yelm. We can't wait for the August wildflower blooms.

I have a Finch on my 09 Taco. My two cents...
1) Do yourself a favor and get airbags before you put your camper on your truck. It ill be more of a hassle to do it later with the additional weight of the camper(Its around 900 lbs with the options). It will make the drive home more comfortable too. I think I paid $300 for Ride Right airbags that were easy to install. 2) Unless you plan on taking your camper off your truck when you camp, I wouldn't bother with solar. You are getting a house battery, which will be enough to run all the workings of the camper(unless i missed something on another page that you plan on running). If the battery gets low after a week of camping, you just have to run the truck for 10-15mins to charge it up. I have never killed my battery since owning my camper. I too considered solar but someone at 4WC gave me that bit of advice and it saved me some serious cash for more sensible options. 4WC pre-wires it all anyway, so if you want solar later you can have it put in or just buy a portable solar unit from Costco or whomever...
Hope it helps...
-Scott

Definitely Eagle....you won't be disappointed. Those inches in a small camper are so precious.

Food for thought. I went with the Finch in my Tacoma and Im glad I did. I can still use the tailgate. It makes a great porch to wipe off you feet, change out of wetsuits, use as a seat, cook on or whatever. The Eagle does give you a few more inches...so you can fit the porta potty next to the door? No thanks. The tailgate has been awesome. My friends with 4WC's all wish they had the tailgate.
Just another opinion.

Bobcat with a porch, welded up by a local frabricator, $200 double hitch mount that is removable, also carries whatever cooler you want and extra gas. Oh yeah and you can use it as a jacking point for your high lift.

gallery_2318_4_807017.jpg

all kinds of possibilities,

Cort

Back
Top Bottom