British Columbian looking to get a HAWK

604Tundra

Hello all, I'm a new member on this Forum, however been reading for a while now.
My dad and I are avid bow hunters, love to Explore and camp where no one camped before.
In the past we have used my old set-up that got us to where to wanted to be, crawled over anything we threw at it, however when it came to multi-night camping, this set up (given we are on a rainy west coast of BC) left much to be desired.

We have decided to go to a full size truck and pop-up style camper to low COG, less wind resistance, and 1/2 ton compatible.
Just sold my Jeep, and picked up a limited edition of 2008 Toyota Tundra.
NOT MY PIC. This is the route that we want to take.

We are thinking of getting a FWC Hawk, and deciding on a dinette setting. I have done numerous of hours if research on this, but can not find anywhere if Front dinette can sit 4?

Again, my question: Can 4 mid size adults sit at the front dinette in the Hawk?

Thank you!
Sam

It will be a tight squeeze for 4 adults in the front dinette of a Hawk if it's equipented with sink, stove, and fridge. It can be done comfortably in a Grandby because the seat is 43" long, but you give up a foot and a half in the Hawk. It could be done if you reduce cabinet space but that means giving up something.

Even my older style hawk with the bench would be super tight to fit 4 adults plus minimal gear. With extra things like hunting gear, you'd be pressed to the max.

Funny enough, I bought my Hawk in Kimberely. Drove down from Calgary one night and snagged it. Your best bet might be to get your mounting hooks ready in your Tundra and have a few extra days of vacation and drive down at last notice to the US. I was prepared to do that. I originally had one lined up in Southern Montana but talking with the owner, it was going to be the wrong camper for my situation.

Back
Top Bottom