Bryan Wheat has left Alaskan to start his own RV service and restoration shop

Bos_Trok

Advanced Member
Not sure if anyone has noticed an increase in the "Alaskan" presence on socials in the last couple weeks or so. Looks as if the website is in the process of getting revamped, an Instagram account was created, and also the logo has changed.

gallery_12819_1587_16111.jpg

Seems to have been a restructuring of some sort.

gallery_12819_1587_23253.jpeg

Bos, noticed the same and posts by Bryan on a few other pages I keep an eye on. He has been immensely helpful to me, answered a ton of questions during my rebuild and helped with needed parts. Glad he is staying in the business and will offer services in the same area.
As for the new website, can't say much, offers very little information about the campers and we have lost the 'classifieds' page that was very helpful link for buyers/sellers. Lot more Alaskan traffic on it than here.....Ozzy

I have always heard and read the best about Bryan from multiple people who have met him and visited the shop. I can only see this as a win for people like us with classic Alaskans. I think it is great to have another resource with a huge wealth of knowledge about the best slide-in campers ever made :) There are still plenty of these campers out there and with a bit of expert TLC, they can keep serving their purpose for many more years.

I wish the best for the current Alaskan camper company, I would like to see it continue to be made for many years to come. It will be interesting to see what direction they take the design.

But what about Dorrie??? She was the glue for the whole operation in my estimation. Did she go with Bryan, or stay with Alaskan, or ???

Best of luck to Bryan out on his own, and to Alaskan Campers without the benefit of Bryan's lifetime of experience!

I have had the great opportunity to work with Bryan and to have him and his crew repair the damage caused by a severe hail storm. It is a journey from Colorado to Washington, but the effort, cost in getting this done was worth it. The camper looks excellent. The wife and I made a enjoyable trip out left the truck and camper with Bryan. We rented a car for the return home and had a nice trip down the coast. Communications while repairs were made were excellent on the progress. Flew back for pickup and the return trip home. I was able to see the new shop and he is Mr Alaskan

Back
Top Bottom