C-channels running length of camper - any ideas what they do?

flyboykev

Advanced Member
fellow campers,
see attached pictures.
does anyone know what these C-channels are for that run the full length of the camper at the bottom?

thanks
flyboykev

Attachments

• IMG_3868.JPG
    IMG_3868.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_3869.JPG
    IMG_3869.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 165
interesting
how would an awning work there when its 5 feet off the ground?

I'll check the images page to see if there is anything posted.
I'm having a hard time visualizing this.

the hunt is on!

thanks
flyboykev

They are also handy for hanging things from. Knot a small diameter cord and you can run it into the c channel to attach things to. eg: garbage bags ,tools, water bottles, etc .Camco also makes a sliding hook that you can put into the awning rail to hang from. I think they are for LED light chains originally.
Otherwise it is an awning mount for short people or if you are sitting.

I just took delivery of a 10' Alaskan Cabover and ordered it with 2 awning C channel rails (one on each side) and in the new delivery kit was a package of Dometic Accessory Hanger Awning Parts to be used in the C channel awning rail. You can find these on Amazon. Hope this helps.

ok
I will look for a google image on how this would work.
It seems I would still need to mount something higher on the camper body to hold the awning.
I like the idea of using them to hold items if needed.

Kev.....raise up the top on your Alaskan and check where the rail is when the top is UP. Probably at about the height of the TOP of the doors on the truck cab. That might be higher than 5' depending on what tires you are running..

Add a couple poles and two staked ropes per pole and have some shade on that side of the camper.

Back
Top Bottom