Cabeza Prieta NWR, Arizona

Exactly what I was going to recommend Ski. Wonder full book. And of course Ed Abbey has a discourse on it. And wanted to be "buried "there.
I am up for a winter trip there. By gosh, If i "have " to work all spring and summer, and miss Carrizo, I am going to be traveling this fall and winter down south.
The new truck and camper still haven't made it out of the drive way. And up here, under all the fir, hemlock and maples, the rig is turning a fine shade of yellow from all the pollen.

Ed Abbey IS buried there. There is a new book about that called "Finding Edward Abbey" and Doug Peacock (Of Hayduke fame) has written extensively about the area.

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

ski3pin said:
I am making my way through Craig Child's book - The Secret Knowledge of Water - and am enjoying and amazed with his intimate stories of time spent walking through Cabeza Prieta. I'd suggest his book as essential reading to get a sense of place.
Last month while roaming around Colorado and New Mexico, I discovered this author (and this book). Wow! Yes he has away of sharing his intimate stories and observations as he spends time in the desert. I also bought Finders Keepers about the archeology practices in the southwest, and Stone Desert about his explorations in Canyonlands.

I suspect Craig Childs is going to become one of my favorite authors...

Back
Top Bottom