California's Central Coast

Outstanding and timely! I will be traveling down the coast in a month or so. Unfortunately my pictures will pale in comparison to yours.

Bob

As ever, lovely report. Thanks. Used to spend quite a bit of time down in the Morro Bay area years back, when my aunt and uncle lived in Santa Maria.

All, again thanks for the nice comments, much appreciated! :)

Cayuse, have a great trip down the coast. There is so much to discover and experience.

Another great TR. Mary, chocolate chip cookies and stars, the full California Coast experience. Enjoyed your Limekilm SP experience, we could not get in when we did Big Sur in 2014. Two years need to get over there again.

Wonderful TR Ski, both my wife and I are Cal Poly alums :) I'm surprised you guys didn't explore any Los Padre national forest areas above Big Sur.

That looks like a great trip, Mr 3pin! :) Yes, the coast is a great change of pace from the mountains and desert.
I've never visited any part of the CA coast south of Santa Cruz, but it looks like I should -- thanks for the view.

It was a fun time on the coast. Cal Poly SLO is a great school. The Pacific put on a wonderful show. Thanks everyone for the nice comments and encouragement! :)

Just a quick tip. If you find your self in the Santa Cruz Mountians looking for a spot, skip Big Basin SP and go to Little Basin. Its a former HP employee retreat, back off the road about a mile south of Big Basin. Better location, fewer people etc. We stayed there last April and are talking about going back this spring with some friends.

Back
Top Bottom