Camper and Propane Garage Storage

Quint

Advanced Member
For those of us that store the camper in the garage, what is your thought on keeping the propane tank in the garage installed in the camper. My All Terrain Bobcat camper uses the Manchester horizontal tank and I'm concerned as while my camper will fit in the garage, I've read that propane should never be stored in a garage. I guess I am worried about the relief valve letting off propane in an enclosed environment. For those who do store their camper in the garage do you take the tank out and keep it outside or do you leave it installed in the camper propane storage box? Thanks in advance.

In general I wouldn't personally be to worried about storing a propane tank in my garage (hell I can see daylight under the sides of the door :p ). I don't have active flame/spark sources in my garage either and propane stinks so you'll know about it. But if it makes you sleep better then go ahead and take it out. My $.02

I store my camper outside and the propane tanks inside! Beside my jerry cans. In the fuel sectio of my garage. Maybe I'm foolish??

I kept my propanes in the camper last year in the garage and even fired up the heater a few times while I was working in the camper, as the garage wasn't heated. Nothing blew up.

If the valve shuts off properly and the tank wasn't overfilled it should't be an issue. I store propane and gas in my garage. Of course its always best not to but I figure the risk is small enough.

Back
Top Bottom