Camper Parts Direct From FWC

Bombsight

I ordered parts from FWC today. Aaron knows his stuff.
If you need parts, call them @ 800-242-1442.

Has anyone else ever ordered direct?

Yes Aaron is a great guy. Helped me get some new bolts and turnbuckles. Very easy to work with and helpful

Yea, Bob. I didn't know there was a parts department much less a number where one could order parts.

Just thought I'd share the info. and ask others what they felt like they needed as critical spares.

I've called several times and can't get anyone to answer in parts dept. Messages were not returned. I sent an Email and they tell me they won't sell me the gas struts I need because they have to be dealer installed.

A while back I asked the service dept for some pics of how wiring was routed so I didn't drill through it. They acted like I was an industrial spy. Can't say I've been that impressed with responses from FWC.

I'm not certain they cater to those building from a shell (not that yours is). I think their main purpose is to help with oem parts.
The struts probably have all kinds of liability issues tied up with them .... though you can get them anywhere. That's the only reason I can see why they wont take your money.

I'll chime in that they aren't helpful at all to folks doing a rebuild. Told me they couldn't provide any measurements on the lift panels as they were privileged business info or some thing like that. Then in the next sentence, they said they would be happy to build some for me but I'd have to provide the measurements, and if they came out wrong, it was my problem! HUH? Called ATC, and they were more than happy to provide excellent info. I'd most certainly be looking at an ATC instead of a FWC, if buying one today!

Shellback hit the nail on the head. I do have a shell with options and bought it used. A while back I spoke with someone in parts who WAS helpful and sold me some extra access doors and new upgraded turnbuckle mounts. But lately it's been a mixed bag dealing with FWC.

The struts I need are not available everywhere. I need the 40" ones that are made for FWC. I can get them from Suspa but not cheap.

I had actually called our east coast dealer to get a price on the install. Never got a call back or an email on that either.

Made me decide that if I want an Arctic Pack I had better make it myself!

Not really trying to put down either FWC or the dealer. Just reporting my experience. I'm not one to chase after folks. I'll make a call or 2 then look elsewhere.

Ask Stan for assistance in contacting FWC...hopefully the new owners are not letting customer service slide....

Back
Top Bottom