camper smoke alarm

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
At some point during a trip I broke the alarm and couldn't repair it.I found this one at Home Depot smaller than the original less than 4" dia.It only cost 5 bucks.I didn't like where it was originality mounted,up front near the bed.Every time you climb into the bed we would bump into it so I mover it to the rear lift panel.Don't see any reason, since the area inside the camper is so small, that it would not be a good place to locate it.

Alao I replaced all the hold down latch screws with larger stainless steel ones.It seems that some of them had gotten over tightened and broke off.I had to drill new holes and reseal them.Works great.

Frank

Attachments

• DSCN3421.jpg
    DSCN3421.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN3423.jpg
    DSCN3423.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 115
I took a look at that one. Says do not use in temps over 100. Wonder why? They do have a model which is RV rated, but have yet to see it.

I took a look at that one. Says do not use in temps over 100. Wonder why? They do have a model which is RV rated, but have yet to see it.

What would be the difference? Guess I didn't read about the 100* thing but not a problem for us.

Thanks for the heads up

Frank

Back
Top Bottom