Camping along the way from the Bay Area to the Overland Expo West

gaylon

Hi folks - I am definitely headed to the overland expo in May - driving down from the Bay area Wednesday and Thursday. I am thinking of stopping either in Mojave National Monument or the Dead mountains wilderness area on Wednesday night. Any of you fine folks know either of those areas and could point me to a great place to pop up? I don't want to go too far off into the wilderness as I want to get to the expo on Thursday afternoon. I would be happy to meet up with folks also :)

gaylon said:
Hi folks - I am definitely headed to the overland expo in May - driving down from the Bay area Wednesday and Thursday. I am thinking of stopping either in Mojave National Monument or the Dead mountains wilderness area on Wednesday night. Any of you fine folks know either of those areas and could point me to a great place to pop up? I don't want to go too far off into the wilderness as I want to get to the expo on Thursday afternoon. I would be happy to meet up with folks also :)
I was thinking the same. Driving from Oakland Wednesday night and thinking of making Mojave or Dead Mountain and drive rest of way Thursday...

barkerco said:
I was thinking the same. Driving from Oakland Wednesday night and thinking of making Mojave or Dead Mountain and drive rest of way Thursday...

So, actually I'm leaving about 8pm Wednesday 5/18 from San Carlos. I don't want to drive into a camp late at night, so stopping the night at a truck stop just out of Bakersfield. Figured that way I wouldn't wake up a camp and can shower there and fuel up...

Back
Top Bottom