Camping plans?

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
So who's going where next? Its looking like Feb is going to be pretty slim on camping for me.

We're still dealing with Pam's moms illness. Unfortuantely that will take care of its self very soon now. Then the aftermath so it looks like March for us. We were hoping to go to San Ignacio for a whale trip but I dont think we can be away that long. Soooo I hope we can get up to Cochise Stronghold. Its pretty close to us Zoni's

We're headed over to the Ca. Central Coast for a few days starting Feb 20'th..
Just playing as it goes, no fixed destinations.. We need to breathe some salt air.

Montana de Oro

We're going to try for a couple of nights at Montana de Oro SP for Valentine's Day. There's a nice hiking trail within the park.

Might hit the Olympic peninsula this weekend up we'd still be in a tent a this point.

Montana de Oro

georgem:
That is going to be one of our stops a week after you...let us know how it is this time of year..

Sacramento bound

We're scheduled to pick up our new Hawk on Feb. 18. I plan to stay a night in Redding (Motel 6ish) on the way south and spend a little time looking at some pack llamas. Never been south of Redding on I-5 and I would sure appreciate some ideas on camping and sightseeing. Weather permitting, on the way back north I might check out a gold mining claim or two along Highway 299. I'm planning 5 or 6 days. Any suggestions?

Montana de Oro

Deltarat,

Will do. We've had some fantastic weekend weather recently up in Morro Bay, we were there yesterday and it was in the 70's. Probably be our luck that the weather will turn on us on the weekend we decide to go.

Just finished a bout of 40 below zero temps..February can be real nasty si will wait for April before we do any weekend trips. March can be real bad too.

ROBBIE

Won't be headed out until late April or Early May. The camper is slated to get a new fridge this year and the only trip planned is to the sportsman show this week and the RV show in 2 weeks to check out a new truck camper or get ideas for when I build my own depending on which is cheaper and will last the longer.

Heading south of Big Sur

I'll be heading down the coast. Either with my son or alone to relax. The weather has been great in Santa Cruz... I went to New Brighton about a month ago... close and easy. Have fun everyone...:D

I've been contemplating taking the camper off and parking the rig in the garage for awhile...well, this thread pretty much trashed that idea!

What was I thinking anyway? Guess I need to plan a new caper. Thanks for straightening me out in my moment of weakness!

Tucson...

Salt Lake, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizonaish early March

John,

Depending how far you get into AZ, we might arrainge a mini-rally. Keep us posted.

Well we had a company wide meeting today. End result "we aren't planning layoffs, yet. But your position may change, your salary may change, yet then again, things could turn around in two months.

So bottom line for me is, this isn't a good time to be planning any trips. Sure hope that changes since I didn't get a camper just to have it sit there.

I hear you.....

This is a bad time to do trips... but it's also a good time for short ones to clear the head out. I'm going to need to get out of Dodge for a while so my family will still like me :eek:

60 CJ5 eh? sweet. I've always wanted one of those. Had two old FJ40's.

Camping?

The wife unit and I are looking at blasting outa the state come mid-March, wx permitting. If we get another 5 feet of snow, then its just too much fun and we'll have to stay and satisfy our snow jones. Skiing, snowshoeing...that sorta stuff. If it starts to rain, we're outa here. This year its to Arizona and New Mexico via Nevada with a possibility of sneaking down into Puerto Penasco. We probably will get sidetracked in a national park, forest, or monument long before then tho. Still, all you intrepid explorers, what say you about el puerto? What's the road like...problems with banditos....specific places you can recommend????

Back
Top Bottom